Mates ex girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hiya guys,
Not really looking for advice as my minds made up, but i'm just wondering on what other people think of it.
Basically the story is I've been single now for around 2 months, I've got a close mate that split up with him missus around 6 months ago after 6 years on and off, he's been with a few girls since then while she's been dating also. I've always fancied her, she feels the same about me.
Last Sunday we went to see Ross noble together and really hit it off.
Nothing happened at all other than a kiss, i really do like her a lot, she's funny, caring and utterly beautiful.
Today I've told said friend what happened as i felt he needed to know, he's not taken it to great tbh, starting arguing so i told him to leave until we both calmed down.
I feel that I've done nothing wrong, i never wanted to hurt him at all, like i said he's a really good mate but seeing as he's moved on now, i really didn't think it would bother him so much as to leaving saying either i keep seeing said girl, or stop seeing her and keep him as a mate.
Like i said i'm not after any advice, just on what other people think of it?
Thoughts?

david

Soldato
It's not even slightly naughty really IMO.

If he was a decent mate, he'd understand that he had his shot and it didn't work out, so now it's someone else's turn.

Associate
Hrm, leave it if it's not worth the trouble, pursue it if you think it's worth it and potentially loose your friend and any flack you will get, he has a right to be upset and you are more in the wrong so you must be understanding.

That's my take.

Permabanned
If it were me I'd be more upset that you didn't ask me if I wanted to see Ross Noble....terrible friend you are.....terrible.

But seriously, don't worry about it, he will come round and if he doesn't then the friendship obviously isn't as important to him as you think.

Soldato
Can't have been that good a mate if you're willing to choose a girl over him, Bro's before hoe's and all that.

If I'd been seeing someone for 6 years and then my mate 'moved' in on her 6 months later I'd be a little bit peeved to say the least!

Associate
This happened to some friends of mine just over a year ago. They are no longer friends, though he didn't exactly seek permission, as it were. I'd leave it to be honest.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
oh you little tinker! :p
lol, honestly thats all that happened :)
he has no kids with her so no problems there, tbh like i said i don't feel bad for doing it at all.
I think he's not really angry with the fact that it's me she's wants, more so that she's moving on too.
She really is a great person, i enjoy spending time with her and she feels the same, i do hope that one day he'll come around to the idea that we are together.
The only thing i'm really angry about is the fact that he's saying it's wrong that i'm with her, i've been on nights out with him while he was with her and seen him do somethings that would break her heart, so in my mind at least, he couldn't have cared that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom