Matthew Perry dead at 54 - RIP

I went through a phase when I was a teenager that I was worried I would fall asleep in the bath and drown. (I used to love a long soak after football) I used to wrap the bath plug chain around my big toe and the chain over the tap so if I fell asleep my leg would relax and pull the plug out.

I have click clack style now so meh.

No problems only solutions!

Because that is what happens when people drink or take drugs over a long period of time. They become immune and need more to get the same buzz, so they start underestimating the danger of just taking it.

I knew a guy who was taking 8 extasy pills because he'd been taking them for years. 1 extasy pill can kill.

I'd hope you would agree that taking drugs (or getting drunk) and thinking it's a good idea to climb into a hot tub is questionable?
Of course. I'm referring to Matt perry if you felt there was anything you'd heard to suggest your experience was the case for him.

Having read his book and watched interviews, my view is that wasn't the case for Matty. He knew the risks very well.

I knew a guy who was taking 8 extasy pills because he'd been taking them for years. 1 extasy pill can kill.

Well, a random pill of unknown origin and contents might do that…

Contrary to a lot of the tabloid anti-drug rhetoric, the active ingredient of ecstasy (MDMA) is less harmful and prone to causing a dependency than alcohol. Less harmful than horse riding, actually :p

Of course, drinking just ‘one bottle’ of spirits may be seriously dangerous for some people too.

Edit: just to add, I understand what you were getting at :)

Last edited:
Aren't we talking about this exact line you said...
Until you put your own opinion forward.

You seem to know more about him than me so that is why I was asking the question. I'm deferring to your view on the subject.

I was speaking in generality. But you have a better specific understanding than me.

Until you put your own opinion forward.

You seem to know more about him than me so that is why I was asking the question. I'm deferring to your view on the subject.

I was speaking in generality. But you have a better specific understanding than me.
His book is well worth a read/listen and you'll get a really good insight into his view on drugs and his relationship.

Horrible greedy *****! :mad:

I hope they rot In prison for life if found guilty. Exploiting the mental health and weakness of someone for cash is truly vile.

What really got me was that text from one of them they found. Simply read “I wonder how much this moron will pay”

Not an ounce of compassion or concern for someone’s life. Absolute oxygen thieves.

This is another Michael Jackson scenario, taking advantage to the extreme of someone with a lot of money, who has a vulnerability that they want to keep secret. Both of them wanted the drugs, but at some point it no longer becomes simply helping your client/customer out. I guess, like the drug taker, the doctors/PA/whatever lose sight of what they are doing and just want to keep the money rolling in.

When you consider that Perry funded a centre that deals with addictions/depenancies, it's terribly sad that in the end, knowing all that he knew about it, it got the better of him (with the disgusting others that acted as facilitators)

Last edited:
The woman who been supplying him and other celebs with many 1000's of $ worth of ketamine had done a google search for "can ketamine kill" after 1 of her 'customers' died, which implies to me she never knew the risks or cared about them while she was selling boat loads of this stuff, the sheer stupidity and selfishness of it, typical low life drug dealer.

First I've heard of this but for years I've watched 100s if not 1000s of ED/Ambulance/Air Ambulance TV programmes where they give ketamine at least twice an episode so that the Clinicians can pull bones into place while the patient is off their head and the weird thing is the effect doesn't last long so once administered they have to do it quickly before they come around.
Matthew Perry must have been proper hardcore.

Quite a sad end to his life whilst being exploited by others.

Some parallels with Michael Jackson there - people in a position of trust enabling him. I'd think the doctors who have clearly professional/ethical responsibilities are more culpable than the assistants here.

I guess for an assistant to a celebrity things like getting drugs can be part of the job and they can be easily pressed into that/could easily lose what is otherwise a great job for them. For medical doctors in the US though they're already well paid, have taken an oath and are part of a regulated profession ergo to pander to this stuff is incredibly dodgy and worse still their text messages reveal they were openly treating him like a chump - I hope they get some serious jail time over this and are barred from practicing.

Back
Top Bottom