Mature social VR Community (Meta) Open.

Associate
Howdy,

We are in process of setting up a small mature Meta social community (initially it will be limited to 20 people)

I'm in my early 50's a bit of a gaming pioneer going back to the 8bit era and the majority of us are in our 40's
I was a big fan of Barrys world if anyone remember that?

We are looking for simlar minded people, easy going no drama queens , like to have a laugh and giggle but most of all social gamers at heart.

Aiming to have a fairly well managed community platform, events , competitions and leader boards , movie nights etc,
Partispate when you want to or be more involved in helping to host or organise events.

Focus will be a wide selection of games from Fishing , board games , pub and sports games and even some dungeon crawling thrown in for good measure.
Social gathering will be 2 - 3 times a week to begin with starting at 8:30pm (UK) up until late hours.

If anyone is interested shoot me a meta invite Edguy1
The events app and leaderboard will be going live shortly.
any questions or suggestions just let me know.

Cheers
Maddeddie.

Last edited:
Soldato

You appear to have missed that the OP is looking for people that are mature...

Soldato
they're a roudy Pofessional bunch but a good lauf & freindly :) and have some regual play days. would recomened them on trusted reviews..

be good if the 2 groups can meet up / join / mix and match days ect.
this could actually wok for some of the team vs games if there are two groups to play against each other or swap between.

i think the only comment is they are not exclusively to Oculas and a mix of PC and standalone.

Last edited:
Soldato
theres a reason Rigga is called BigRigga
tbh i think most of the current group are around the same age.
theres not any screaming 10yr olds, just screaming bolding 40 year olds complaining about aches and pains.

Last edited:
Underboss
You appear to have missed that the OP is looking for people that are mature...

erm, i thought we were :confused:

except @melmac of course :D :p

seriously though, Monday nights is the "main" night when most of us can get online together, but other nights are available

All you need to do is post the social VR thread and come join us

Monday 8pm start for some walkabout mini golf , depending on numbers, if few numbers, we'll do other activities like Rec Room shooters etc and other games like After The Fall, Breachers, AmongUs etc etc

Last edited:
Soldato
theres a reason Rigga is called BigRigga
tbh i think most of the current group are around the same age.
theres not any screaming 10yr olds, just screaming bolding 40 year olds complaining about aches and pains.

40?! I'm a little past that. Actually quite a bit past that!

Soldato
See this is the exact problem I have in the Hangout Crew. It's like trying to look after kids on a sugar high!! I fight a losing battle for a mature, sensible gaming session every time the hangout crew meet.

My first post in this thread wasn't pointing out to Madeddie where to look for a mature VR gamers, it was actually a warning to stay away!!

As Mr Nadgers just pointed out in the last post, we aren't mature.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I am old, if this is still a thing.

Username is SPGSPG

(apparently not grown up though)

Last edited:
Soldato
I am technically 'old' or at least middle aged. Been playing videogames since the days of pong, arcade games and the Atari VCS.

I'm happy to play with anyone provided we have a laugh and there's no toxicity. Note: banter, jokes and mate-ish mockery are not toxicity!

Underboss
I am old, if this is still a thing.

Username is SPGSPG

(apparently not grown up though)

Hi, this is the link to the official group

Everyone is welcome, but as @Ravenger said, no squeaky kids or toxity in there, we all have a good laugh

Back
Top Bottom