• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ivs

Ivs

Associate
Hi guys, I need some of your wisdom.

Im planning on buying a brand new 3070 once prices are reasonable and I want to maximise its lifespan. I know the cooler you can keep your system the longer the components tend to last. (In regards to the case, I have one with superb airflow [Phanteks P600S], so Im good there).

Ive looked at a lot of material online and it seems the ASUS TUF and Gigabyte Gaming OC seem to have the best temps.

I have a specific question: is there any benefit to changing the thermal pads and thermal paste of a GPU with high grade replacements once you buy it? Does it make a difference to temps? Are the ones that come with the card out of the factory the best you can get/good enough? Any of your wisdom on this would be great.

Also, any other tips/wisdom on keeping your GPU cool as possible would be greatly appreciated.

Ivs

Ivs

Associate
OP
Thanks to all of you. Once I get my 3070, I'll test temps and go from there.

Thanks for all the advice.

(Only thing left to do now is wait. Fingers crossed, Christmas this year brings the supply up and the prices down. Visited my mate who's got a 3080. Beautiful piece of tech)

Back
Top Bottom