Maximum bitrate supported by iPod Classic?

Commissario
I've bought an album in FLAC which is 24bit 96kHz encoded.

I've converted to WAV, dragged into iTunes and then converted to Apple Lossless, exactly the same as I've done with other FLAC files but when I try to push them out to my iPod I get an error...

"was not copied because the sample rate is not supported by the iPod"

When I look at the bit rate in iTunes it shows between 2300 and 3100 kbps. That's quite high!

Does anyone know what the maximum bit rate is that the iPod Classic supports?

I think its the khz, 44.1 is the standard fir playback.

I noticed with really large quality files too that accessing and playback seems to put a strain on it, some times it would try to play a track and it would just stick for a few moments.

I think its the khz, 44.1 is the standard fir playback.

I noticed with really large quality files too that accessing and playback seems to put a strain on it, some times it would try to play a track and it would just stick for a few moments.

Yeah this happens to me too, I don't find much of a problem, after all it is a HDD based device the read times won't be as good when comparing to a flash based device.

Audacity would do that quite easily.

Usually I'd recommend iTunes as it's easier (and everyone has it!) but not sure if it supports FLAC yet.

iTunes won't do it - Even though I've converted to WAV and imported into iTunes (then converted to Apple lossless) if I try to convert to mp3 it gets arsey and tells me it can't do it.

I guess Audacity will, just a track at a time though. I'd hoped to bulk convert. *kicks Audacity into play*

Back
Top Bottom