Mayhems Pastel White Splitting

Man of Honour
Yeah I was thinking the pipes and everything is the easiest problem is you just can't see what's in those rads... such a shame as the pastels look amazing but that's really annoying I do feel peoples pain on this, draining is the biggest ballache, but then when you literally have to flush out... took me hours just flushing an acid green out of my system it's amazing how and where it stays in tiny little gaps etc...

I'm not even careful, just drained it through my drain and ripped pipes out. Coolant went all over the hardware but like a boss I just grinned and carried on with my mission. Doesnt look half as good now but I do have a load of mayhems dyes... Should I see what happens?

Red and blue should make purple right? Wrong... It goes **** brown :) I know this for sure!

Soldato
I'm not even careful, just drained it through my drain and ripped pipes out. Coolant went all over the hardware but like a boss I just grinned and carried on with my mission. Doesnt look half as good now but I do have a load of mayhems dyes... Should I see what happens?

Red and blue should make purple right? Wrong... It goes **** brown :) I know this for sure!
TYeah you could just fro now dye it but yeah stay clear of **** brown hahahaha... but yeah that in theory should be purple surely lol

Man of Honour
TYeah you could just fro now dye it but yeah stay clear of **** brown hahahaha... but yeah that in theory should be purple surely lol

Ill pop some dye in the clear and try and show you guys what happens. Might also leave it on the side for a few days and see what happens. :) I shall report back.

Associate
Received the same package as Vince. Can't fault Mayhems service. Hopefully they'll sort the Pastel problems as I ran it in my loop a couple of years back and it looked fantastic and I had zero problems with it.

Soldato
I've ordered some EK cloud white concentrate today. I'm draining my loop next week to put a new B550 motherboard in so it makes sense to change the fluid. Be interesting to see how the Mayhems fluid comes out from my loop as there's been no settling in the GPU block or tubing from what I can see.

Man of Honour
Still waiting for Mayhems to reply! I had to comment on a FB post for someone to say it's the weekend now but they will look into it!

Ahh well at least that is better than what ended up happening to my wifes machine, after all the faffing about. I had a short in a gpu riser cable that burned through the cable and looks to have taken both the board and cpu with it. Got a new board through today and that won't boot with the 2700x so ive ordered a 3600 and hopefully that will fire up when it gets here tomorrow. All I get is a red cpu warning light on the new board which is better than what the old one is doing now. Im sure none of this would have happened if I wasn't ripping the loop in and out constantly but wife will get a little upgrade out of it so it could be worse.

Soldato
I drained my system earlier today to replace my motherboard and I've got to say I think I've been quite lucky here. The coolant doesn't look any different coming out as it did when ut first went in. Also the settling of particles just hasn't happened for me unlike others. There's a very small bit of residue in the bottom of the reservoir and the tubing has some slight clouding to it but nothing that I don't think is unreasonable. I'll post some photos tomorrow before I decide to put fresh EK coolant in or stick with Mayhems.

Soldato
GPU Block after draining
dTSMiX.jpg

Tubes after draining with the far one being a new tube. It's not permanent staining, btw.
dTSWfn.jpg

The bottom of the jug, you can see the slight separation on the left with the liquid on the right. This was after leaving it overnight.
dTShUG.jpg

This is the bottom of the reservoir after draining. You can see some of the residue at the bottom, but for the crap photo.
dTSvxS.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
@Bossman I'd agree tbh that looks pretty darn clean to me...

Spoke way too soon. I stupidly thought it would be a good idea to put the same coolant back in and it made a right mess. It's as bad now as some of the other loops posted on here.

It's obviously reacted in some way once it went back in which probably ties up with what Mayhems have been saying.

I'm going to have to take the loop apart and clean it properly now. Real shame.

Back
Top Bottom