Mazda 6 chip tuning

Associate
OP
Sounds like OP is leaning more towards economy rather than performance - not something I know much about as anyone I know who has remapped a Mazda 6 has been looking to enhance performance.

They aren't entirely pointless to remap though as the factory tune tends to be very progressive power build which on the 2.0 IMO feels kind of gutless in the lower end of the range, they can easily be remapped to bring much more of a surge of power earlier.
Yes fuel economy is main thing especially price of petrol these days.

Associate
OP
Always gains to be had with mapping if it’s done correctly ie by someone that knows what their doing on a dyno. Not a man in a van selling flash maps off his laptop.

The skyactive engines are also offered as a diesel 2l 145 bhp version which is what the OP may be refering to

In which case gains circa 50bhp increases with an additional lump of torque depending on how aggressive the mapper is

If it’s a petrol then there will be some small bhp gains nowhere near the above though but can be mapped to provide better throttle response and drive ability
Main goal is the fuel economy but better response this will be bonus.

Associate
OP
I'd look into this. It's maybe the same engine used in the ND1 MX5. In that guise it has 162hp and responds well to a map, so the engine in the Mazda 6 may be 'de-tuned' out of the box, which a map could cure.

Wouldn't surprise me if there are decent gains to be had.

/Edit - found a couple of sites quoting ~180hp after the tune, which is similar to what the ND1 MX5 achieves.
That's was what I was wondering.

Back
Top Bottom