MBP 15" retina 3-4 weeks!!

Associate
I ordered my first mac yesterday. :)

The big mac daddy that is the MBP retina display 512GB!

Sadly, the PO only went on today and over night the dispatch time from apple has gone from 2-3 to 3-4 weeks!

Are these times accurate? or just a safety net apple use in case of any supply issues?

thanks,

edit; yes I'm aware of the typo in the title, but can't change. opps!

Last edited:
Soldato
They put that up to cover themself, but due to the demand for this device, I wouldn't expect it for a few weeks while supply lines gets replenished.

Its always the same with new and great apple devices/laptops.

100% worth the wait and i'm very jelous!

GeX

GeX

Soldato
I too have one on the way, my first Mac.

I didn't opt for the 256gb though, as I'd set myself a limit before the prices were even announced and stuck to it. The 512gb was beyond what I had saved up!

Soldato
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for supplies to turn back to normal and we will be able to buy the new MacBook's from other websites and not just through Apple? I've got some credit at a few big e-tailers so would rather wait a few weeks and buy for the same price minus what credit I've got than pay the whole amount to Apple.

Soldato
How long is a piece of string? To many unknown factors to provide you with a meaningful answer right now.

Patience is the key.

Soldato
A lot of things will look crappy on the display, so although you might be waiting a couple of weeks at least it's time for updated apps to appear.

Surprised to see a couple of people going straight to the top of the range for their first Mac. A few years ago the general trend was to hedge your bets with a Mac mini or lower end MacBook. I suppose it's perceived as less risky these days.

Soldato
My store has one which is our display model. We've stock of all the other new MBPs and Airs announced, the retina one is expected in a week or two as far as I know.

It's ace, by the way.

Associate
OP
They told me to expect it in six days and it arrived the following day, or it would have done, if the wife hadn't taken the dog for a walk when UPS called...

That's gotta hurt!

A lot of things will look crappy on the display, so although you might be waiting a couple of weeks at least it's time for updated apps to appear.

Surprised to see a couple of people going straight to the top of the range for their first Mac. A few years ago the general trend was to hedge your bets with a Mac mini or lower end MacBook. I suppose it's perceived as less risky these days.

All true. I have run a hackintosh since Xmas and loved it, so not a big jump as you'd think

Soldato

The non-retina apps didn't look that bad to me when I tried one today. Sure some website images looked a little fuzzy, just like they do on the 3rd Gen iPad.

By the way if anybody is in London the Regent Street store has no RD MBP on display but Covent Garden has one tables worth.

Back
Top Bottom