MBP Battery drain on standby

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Hi All

Has anyone else had issues with this (I have a 2017 nTB Pro)

It loses about 10% a night and I have tried all the normal tricks apart from an nvram/ pram reset (But I don't see how these would address the issue). I still have my 2015 15" MBP and it loses 1-2% maximum which is what I think is normal. My 2009 MBP before that was about the same.

Is this something that the Apple 'Geniuses' in-store can rectify? (Still under warranty) as it's pretty unacceptable to me to lose so much battery every single evening and end up working on a half- dead machine by lunch time.

Thanks

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
Apps - Not much so far - Atom, Chrome, Skype, and Safari and MS office are about all I use at this stage.

When you say turning it off, I have rebooted it a few times but normally just close the lid when done.

Cheers.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
Yeah I have done all that kind of stuff. Even turned off wake on Bluetooth and prevented the TCP wake settings (Disables Find My Mac whilst it is asleep) - still seeing high drain.

I also got an email from Apple about my SSD needing a critical firmware update and to book an appointment at an Apple store. (Really annoying as I have to nuke the HD to do this) - I wonder if they can look at the battery issue at the same time..

Back
Top Bottom