McDonald's and sheeple

I don't think this is specifically covid related, so I popped it in GD.

So the Golden Arches reopened a few dozen of their drive-thru branches today. The queues for some of these reached 1 hour! Yes I love my burger and chips as much as the next person, but what's the point in this?

Being a bit of a themepark nut too, there is no way I would queue for an hour even to go on Nemesis or Oblivion. I pick a week day during term time so that the kids are in school. Waiting for a couple of weeks does no harm. So I don't understand the sheep mentality that everyone have to go back to McD on day 1? Can they not wait for a week. If they want a burger fix in the meantime, just use Just-Eat and get it delivered within an hour? Then you can spend that 1 hour watching YouTube or doing something productive instead of being sat in a car (some cars without aircon).

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-52746790

Make sure you watch the 2 short videos, especially the 2nd one!

Soldato
Have been very pleased to support some of Birmingham’s finest independent restaurants during the lockdown. Original Patty Men are in a different universe compared to Maccers, and someone delivers it to me!

Caporegime
I dont get it, they are not even nice. Can make your own better burgers at home.

Agreed. When I'm 6 hours from home with my family and friends and we get a bit hungry but don't want to waste the day at a fancy restaurant we always travel home and cook a nice meal with all the associated dishes and faff.

Caporegime
I made Brioche buns, and some burgers last week. Total working time was much less than an hour. Definitely tastier than a McDonalds, though don't get me wrong I do enjoy a McDonalds. But an hours wait? Sure, if I'm with friends and we're hungry - the queue is long or whatever. But to go out my way and wait for an hour. You have to be mental.

Have been very pleased to support some of Birmingham’s finest independent restaurants during the lockdown. Original Patty Men are in a different universe compared to Maccers, and someone delivers it to me!

Agreed! Big fan of Bonehead and Patty Freaks too! Man I can't wait to head into Birmingham (Digbeth) when this is all finished!

Caporegime
WHY DO THE <THING> WHEN YOU CAN DO <THIS OTHER THING> INSTEAD? Pfft...sheeple. These threads are so predictable.

Nono, you forgot the passive aggressivism and tutting towards those who do the <THING>.

We've already got "can make better food at home", let's see how long it takes for the "I could never put that stuff in my body" post to show up.

Soldato
I wouldn't wait for an hour for a Michelin star restaurant, let alone low quality crap like McDonalds.

I can make better burgers in my kitchen with a cheap £2 pack of mince.

Soldato
I suppose in reality, it's crap food, but people are fed up with lockdown and just want a taste of normal life again. Even if the packaging is more nutritious than the food.

Probably a bit unfair being so harsh. Whatever makes you happy :)

Soldato
Agreed! Big fan of Bonehead and Patty Freaks too! Man I can't wait to head into Birmingham (Digbeth) when this is all finished!

Oh man, Bonehead is awesome! Not had the pleasure of patty freaks but I’ll be on the lookout. So many places that I’ve missed during lockdown, but have been very fortunate that a lot are doing delivery and take out.

Soldato
OP
the hype controls us all... lol ...
me i prefer a burger on a charcoal grill or a chicken on a smoker ... but they have to get there sugar fix ...

Yeah I think a lot of it is the hype, the so-called "Project Fear". For example, the press running the story that paracetamol is better at treating covid than ibuprofen, so everyone went and panic-buy paracetamol boxes, stripping the shelves bare for weeks but there were still plenty of ibuprofen boxes kicking about.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom