McDonald's and sheeple

Soldato
Used to use Uber eats a lot for McDonald’s but they’ve not yet been added back to the app.

Definitely not waiting in the queue either, drove past there on Monday and there must have been 40+ cars waiting.

Soldato
My local one has. Sure they’re not just so busy that they’re shutting down quite often?
Yeah I’ve checked a few times throughout the day and nothing, they don’t show with a search either.

I might try later on tonight, have a drive there around 7/8pm as it’s only 2 miles away.

Soldato
They didn't need to shut the drive-thru in the first place as takeaways were allowed to stay open. All this nonsense about not being able to maintain social distance in the kitchen is BS. They still won't be able to do that now plus if that was the case then ALL shops should have been shut down.

Permabanned
It also isn’t though is it? It’s close to 50% more expensive on steak night and more than double the rest of the week.

It’s also closed and will be for some time.
ok so was mcd's
how is it more expensive a meal for 2 at mcd's is around £19-22 .. well it is for us make it lrg extra burger and shakes .
Wetherspoons TUESDAY STEAK CLUB® with soft or alcoholic drink* from8.85 or 10.50 any other day ..
there is a deal nearly every day nice seats/booths and nearly no screaming kids .. ohh and a beer

Soldato
I love Spoons' meals too especially the steak night deals etc.

Sure it's not 5 star Michelin cuisine but it's honest grub at an honest price. I'm no snob.

I suppose in reality, it's crap food, but people are fed up with lockdown and just want a taste of normal life again. Even if the packaging is more nutritious than the food.

Probably a bit unfair being so harsh. Whatever makes you happy :)

yep this 100%. people want something from the good old days that they used to be able to freely get. the trouble as well is people don't wait an hour before joining the queue, they drive for say 10/15 minutes, see a queue and think itll be maybe another 20 minutes, and then they wait half hour, and by this point they've invested the queue time and drive time, so might as well keep going, and then when they arrive it's been an hour, longer than they wanted but not i imagine the time they expected to be taking. and on top of that, plenty people have tones of time free atm with furlough. why not go wait in a queue, what else do they have to be doing with their evenings?

Soldato

Sure it's not 5 star Michelin cuisine but it's honest grub at an honest price. I'm no snob.

I'm missing those Spoon chips more than I thought I would. Two meals and alcoholic drinks for under £15 yes please

Soldato

I find they can vary quite a bit between pubs. My local the food is poor, often lukewarm at best and wrong half the time. I refuse to eat in there but I've been to other ones that are completely fine.

Back
Top Bottom