McDonald’s general discussion

Caporegime
The nutrition information would suggest it's not a patty shared with anything else based on the calories displayed

Hat Trick 1888 or 629 per patty
Quarter P 966 per patty
Cheeseburger or Big Mac 388 per patty

If you assume the calories is directly equivalent to meat content, then it's about the same as a Double Quarter Pounder

Soldato
Reckon most of the customers of these delivery companies suffer from only one disability - lazitius.

My friend who works at a supermarket got an order for £119 on JE. Her and a couple of colleagues reckoned if they ordered through the supermarket website for delivery later on - if order before 4pm, earliest delivery is about 6:30pm would have cost them about £82 with the delivery charge (JE order was placed just after 2pm). A litre of vodka is £5.50 more on JE than the supermarket, Friend's workplace does not do online shopping for those who order through supermarket website or app. That's another store 5 miles away.
What's criminal is the additional costs applied to goods via the likes of Uber eats and Just eat.

After all they apply fees to the end user already.

Man of Honour
What's criminal is the additional costs applied to goods via the likes of Uber eats and Just eat.

After all they apply fees to the end user already.
It's the places themselves that bump the prices up on the platforms to cover the IIRC large fees they also have to pay. The business see none of the service fee we pay to Uber/JE/etc.

Soldato
I seem to end up at McDonalds more since i've been here than in around the last 10 years! Weirdly as it feels more expensive than the UK, and you're around €10 for a large meal. However, i've pretty much settled on the Triple Cheeseburger large meal, which is €6 and i don't really know what is worth the difference for an extra €4!

Soldato
I succumbed to installing the McD app. What's the deal with the offers bit in the menu? It always says "Sorry no offers available at this time, please check again later". Is my app install borked, or are they just really stingy with offers? I can't actually recall seeing an offer in this app.

Last edited:
Soldato
I succumbed to installing the McD app. What's the deal with the offers bit in the menu? It always says "Sorry no offers available at this time, please check again later". Is my app install borked, or are they just really stingy with offers? I can't actually recall seeing an offer in this app.
Stingy with offers. Think Mondays usually

Soldato
At the moment it’s pick three things for £3. So doubt any offers will be on app when promotion is on

Soldato
Oh right, so bugger all use then. Thought it might be because I initially rejected one of the privacy settings when I installed the app. Thought I ain't getting many offers here so enabled it, and sod all since. Whereas Burger King a)you don't even to use the app for offers, b)there are always offers and c)you can get round the "only one offer deal per order" by simply making two separate orders and shouting both numbers at the order window thing. Trouble is I have gone off Burger King again because of the bread they use in the buns, so dry.

Soldato
My issue with all the McDonalds ‘specials’ is that I’ve tried them all before even the ones that haven’t yet come out. How many combinations of beef, bread, cheese, sauce can there be? Only one really as they all taste the same just different amounts of each!

Soldato
My issue with all the McDonalds ‘specials’ is that I’ve tried them all before even the ones that haven’t yet come out. How many combinations of beef, bread, cheese, sauce can there be? Only one really as they all taste the same just different amounts of each!
They seem to have totally run of creativity lately, slapping 3 patties in a bun isn't interesting.

Back
Top Bottom