McDonald’s general discussion

M&S special burger sauce makes a burger cooked at home taste like a big mac.

proper good stuff, one bottle doesn't last long.

Ingredients​

Rapeseed Oil, Water, Gherkins (8%), Sugar, Shallots, White Wine Vinegar, Pasteurised Egg Yolk, Vinegar, Dried Mustard (2%), Ground Paprika, Salt, Tomato Paste, Dried Onions, Dried Garlic, Cornflour, Preservative: E202, Yellow Mustard Bran, Sea Salt, Turmeric, Stabiliser: Xanthan Gum, Mustard Extract, Dill Oil, Ground White Pepper

Last edited:
Still yet to sample the boil in the bag rib special.

My own McDees served me a lovely breakfast wrap yesterday on the second try. Their first try consisted of a cheese and bacon flatbread (!)

M&S special burger sauce makes a burger cooked at home taste like a big mac.

proper good stuff, one bottle doesn't last long.

Ingredients​

Rapeseed Oil, Water, Gherkins (8%), Sugar, Shallots, White Wine Vinegar, Pasteurised Egg Yolk, Vinegar, Dried Mustard (2%), Ground Paprika, Salt, Tomato Paste, Dried Onions, Dried Garlic, Cornflour, Preservative: E202, Yellow Mustard Bran, Sea Salt, Turmeric, Stabiliser: Xanthan Gum, Mustard Extract, Dill Oil, Ground White Pepper
No it doesn’t. I use that stuff, it’s very nice but it’s nothing like Big Mac sauce

Had a maccies last weekend and went for a rib meal. Thought it was rank and extortionate. The Coke had a very odd taste to it, as though the machine used hadn't been cleaned out properly. Wouldn't even class it as a treat, but more of a regret.

Mcflurry wasn't bad though. Probably because it was free.

Last edited:
I got a chocolate shake last week, once in a blue moon I crave for their milkshake. I dislike flavoured milk like Yazoo but I love a thick milkshake that you can hardly drink out of a straw and theirs is the most widely available. £2.89 I think I was but to get a milkshake in any other place, say Five Guys, you are looking at double that anyway.

One of the sad things about Spain is no milkshake :(

Why is that if you don't mind me asking.

Not really sure, i know they have different menus around the world. Same with breakfast, most McDonalds over here don't open till . I know beef is expensive and milk isn't massively available in Spain due to less grazing land for cows so most is imported, so maybe it's a milk availability issue where the cost to import makes it uneconomical.

To be fair, they do do beer so whether i'd ever choose a Milkshake is another matter :p

Last edited:
I didn't know that was a Europe thing, not been abroad in a while lol.

It's great as i've never been a fan of the drinks in McDonalds, i'm not a fan of coke and always ended up with Tropicana in the UK which wasn't great. I miss the old days of still Fanta!

What's been the most surprising is just how consistent and quality the food is. I've probably eaten more McDonalds since we've been in Spain than in the previous 10 years. In the UK there was always a lottery where you'd either get something decent or cold and soggy. Here it doesn't matter which one you go to, everything is great and even the burgers seem to taste nicer somehow, not as dry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom