Poll: McDonalds Gherkins

McDonalds Pickles - Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 483 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 309 39.0%

• Total voters
Associate
I must be one of the few people to adore these things. Ive been on a mission trying to find the nearest alternative in the supermarkets, none of them taste like the McD ones.

Ive done some web research, one site was a Q&A list from McDonalds to their consumers, one of which responded to a question about their pickles. The response was that they are grown in Turkey especially for McD to their own recipe, but they did add dill was used also.

Anyone got any reccomendations?

I really think McD should release such ingredients on commercial sale. Just imagine...tubs of special sauce, tubs of their toffee sauce, hash browns, McChickens..mmmmmm

(I went off McDonalds once I hit 20,Im now 27 and have suddenly got a taste for the junk again)

Soldato
Allo fellow monkey-hanger ;) (born and bred there)

Yeah I love the McDonalds gherkins, they're the nicest ones I've ever found - just that nice crunchy sharp tang.

Actually they're probably the best bit of the burger.....

I'd pay good money for a McD brand jar of them!

Associate
I think that you might be able to buy bulk straight from Macdonalds, but I doubt they will sell it to you because they don't want you to recreate it at home on the cheap becuase it stops you coming to Macdonalds :p

I had a think about what you could do, I didn't want to be negative! But apart from flying over to the secret location in turkey and striking a deal with the farmer, I have no idea bud!

Caporegime
Here's the ingredients:

Cucumbers, Water, Salt, Vinegar, Dill Pickle Blends (contains Gum Arabic, Extractives of Dill and other spices, Extractives of Turmeric), Calcium Chloride, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.

EDIT: Apparantly these are the closest to Mcdonalds to buy:

Heinz Genuine Dills (original sour dill)
Vlasic Original Dills (not kosher dills)

Full recipes here from the company handbook including Big Mac Sauce.

http://www.epicconstructions.com/mirror/mcd/

Last edited:
Soldato
ask some skint looking student type who works there if he/she will sell you some gherkins

chances are that no ones going to notice a box of gherkin going missing from the store room

Associate
I know. I hate them. WHen I worked at MD years ago, that was the main request for special orders, - no gherkin and there were always hundreds of the buggers to pick up off the floor where people had thrown them out.

I used to ask for loads extra until they started charging for them. I love them :)

Back
Top Bottom