MCE questions n stuff

Associate
ok so im building my self a WMC

spec so far:

Asrock K7VT4A+
2Ghz Duron or Sempron (i cant rember now)
512 DDR400
60GB HDD
FX5900

So i still need to add bits....

Have the problems with the Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT been sorted out? If not what would u sugest the best DT card is?

How much space does recording tv take up? 1hr=1gb?

Pause live tv? How much space and how long can u pause for?

BT Voyager 1040 Turbo Wireless PCI - will this be ok for streaming films from my main rig?

Got to wait for the remote to come bk into stock :( but can this be tunned to other devices, ie my tv?

EDIT: If u cant anwser them all just give one a go :) i would really aprriciate(sp?) it.

Last edited:
Soldato
The proper MCE remote just works with MCE as far as I'm aware but don't take what I've written as final on that.

I've not tried the maximum pause time, but we have left it for a good half an hour before and it was fine. (size per minute I cant remember but I shall try find out)

A wireless card streams film fine from the main pc to MCE pc in the house that we built one in.

Sorry for being not much help, but I've tried as much as I can :)

Associate
OP
after a rather large oversight on my side, i dont have PCI Exspress to support that TV card.

Is there any other sugestions for Twin DVB-T cards? (PCI)

Thanx

Associate
Hauppauge WinTV PVR-500 Media Centre Edition Dual TV Tuner (GX-028-HA)

Out of stock at the moment, I use Hauppauge cards ( not this one ) and they work well.

Soldato
TheCrow said:
thanx for the help :)

How much storage do u have? and do u you ever run short?

Any other info in relation to 1# post from anyone would be great :)

The pc has an 80gb boot drive and a 160gb drive for recorded tv etc. It does occasionally get full but only because the main user forgets to delete programmes he's already watched.

Associate
TheCrow said:
is that digital, from what i reading it looks like twin analog tuners?
Looks like your right, sorry looks like the PCI-E card is the only digital option currently available.. short of two external boxes feeding analogue cards which ought to work but it s a big cumbersome.

Back
Top Bottom