Meal Prep for WFH Lunches

Soldato
Hi folk,

Does anyone have any idiots guide to meal prepping?

It is lunches where I am failing. I'm too busy to do anything more creative than beans on toast, which I don't mind, but come 5pm I am STARVING (h'angry).

I'm thinking of something rice based since I bought the zojirushi and have used it once - then what do folk do? Cook a load of chicken? Veg? Freeze it? Fridge it?

There are about ten billion articles on the net - I'm tempted to buy the good housekeeping meal prep book though?

Soldato
OP
I just have one of the hot Huel options for lunch most days.

Although there was a bit of chicken in the fridge today so I chucked it in a pitta with some lettuce and hot sauce.
I have got Huel but pretty sick of it now. I think the Mac & Cheese pushed me over the edge lol.

Honesty whilst I'm WFH I just make some extra tea and heat it up for lunch the next day.

If I've had something like chicken breast / pork loin etc, I'll throw some rice in the rice cooker in the morning and have it with that and a bit salad.
Fair - however I have meal kits (Gousto) for meals so there isn't anything left as the portions are controlled :(.
Guess it depends on what you want. Generally i just make a huge pot of soup at the weekend and it's usually enough for the week for the 2 of us, maybe with egg on toast one day to break things up.

I'm surprised you're staving at 5pm though after having that for dinner, i wouldn't have thought much else would be more filling.
That's not a bad shout - is it easy enough to make and store?

Back
Top Bottom