Media Center locking up on pc and 360

Soldato
Not sure whats going on, it was all working earlier.

Came to browse some images via xbox media center, all loaded up ok, connected to my pc ok.

Then nothing happens, i get the default page with the options, but the remote and controller dont respond to anything in media center.

Its the same on the PC, i load media center up get the default page then it just stops responding.

ANy ideas?

Paul ...

Soldato
Thesnipergecko said:
Not sure whats going on, it was all working earlier.

Came to browse some images via xbox media center, all loaded up ok, connected to my pc ok.

Then nothing happens, i get the default page with the options, but the remote and controller dont respond to anything in media center.

Its the same on the PC, i load media center up get the default page then it just stops responding.

ANy ideas?

Paul ...

I've never used a MCPC or the 360 as an extender, but wouldn't it doing the same on the PC mean it's not the 360 causing the problem?

Soldato
OP
Yeah, i guessed that, just wondering if anyones had any similar experiences with it just locking up?

It works for a few seconds then just locks up.

Paul ...

Fixed it, there were a few corrupt keys in the registry. It was looking in DD:\ for my photo's lol no wonder it was confused.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've had media centre crash several times, but it only locked the version of Media Centre on my 360 my MCE PC still worked fine, I could exit out of MC on the 360 and connect again.

The lockups happened when quickly changing through digital TV channels and when accessing the BBC news website, I've updated some TV card drivers since and the problem hasn't occurred since.

Back
Top Bottom