Medion Erazer Defender P40

Soldato
Hey all,

Anyone seen the Medion Erazer Defender P40?

I've ordered one today, arrives tomorrow. I can't find many reviews online about it.

I bought it simply because it was a very good specification at a very decent price.

Soldato
They aren't a good company. They don't even have a proper website setup.

I've got the Erazer X40. Nothing but problems.

I hope you have a better experience than me.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
They aren't a good company. They don't even have a proper website setup.

I've got the Erazer X40. Nothing but problems.

I hope you have a better experience than me.
Well, it arrived.

Sleep doesn't work, won't wake up when using Intel graphics. Have to set it to use the Nvidia GPU only and then sleep works fine.

However, in doing so, the battery runs down faster and runs warmer at normal non gaming use.

I don't like the IO placement. And the USBc does not allow it to charge.

The sleep issue, at the moment is a big enough issue to make me want to return it... I'll have a think today and then reach out to OcUK tomorrow

Soldato
Mine came broken too, with a heating issue. I bought it from a different place. But they ended up having to send it back to Medion.

I might have another issue brewing as I'm getting system lag since 2 days ago. I wrote a thread about it.

Soldato
OP
Mine came broken too, with a heating issue. I bought it from a different place. But they ended up having to send it back to Medion.

I might have another issue brewing as I'm getting system lag since 2 days ago. I wrote a thread about it.
That sucks dude :(

I've decided to return it. Sleep mode failed just now using the 4060 too. This time, the back light just refused to come on hah

Placed an order for an MSI crosshair instead, costs a bit more, but looks like a better option.

Last edited:
Soldato
That sucks dude :(

I've decided to return it. Sleep mode failed just now using the 4060 too. This time, the back light just refused to come on hah

Placed an order for an MSI crosshair instead, costs a bit more, but looks like a better option.
Yes. At least they will have a proper manufacturer site.in order to get the bios for these machines people have to ask on their forum, and they act like they are doing the customer a favour giving it them.

Apparently these laptops are cheap versions of the XMG brand.

Associate
dont think i would buy medion again.

they get bios updates through windows updates, hadnt used my laptop in a while and it downloaded and isntaleld the update which messed up and bricked it.

Soldato
OP
dont think i would buy medion again.

they get bios updates through windows updates, hadnt used my laptop in a while and it downloaded and isntaleld the update which messed up and bricked it.
I wouldn't either. Bigger brands seem to just be doing it better. However, at an additional cost.

Soldato
Medion are part of the Lenovo Group of companies so surprised you have had a bad experience here. One thing to note is that their support, repair and RMA centre is in the UK.

Soldato
OP
Medion are part of the Lenovo Group of companies so surprised you have had a bad experience here. One thing to note is that their support, repair and RMA centre is in the UK.
Unfortunately, seems to be a wider spread issue.

Had a friend buy the same laptop when I did, as it was a good deal. (He got his from a competitor).

It had the exact same sleep and wake issue.

Soldato
Medion is basically using the same chassis as XMG. They're both using tongfang (most recently at least).

Can't speak for medion but the XMG version has been awesome, for me, so far.

Back
Top Bottom