Medium sized estate car

Associate
Hi All.

i'm looking for a new family car. The requirements are that is has plenty of boot space and easy to drive/maneuver.

The Wife and i went and sat in a few to narrow the field a bit. We ended up thinking along the lines of a medium sized hatchback, with a bigger than average boot, or a medium sized estate car.

Hatch: We saw the Citroen C4, which has a surprisingly big boot, and we looked at a honda civic (9th Gen). They are noticeably bigger boot wise, than the focus, golf etc.

Estate: We saw a focus estate, kia Ceed sport wagon, Leon estate, all would work well. The honda civic estate looks like a good option too.

Budget is around 6k ideally, though i could push that to 8k if i felt it was money well spent.

I'm focusing on reliability as my main goal, as i have little time to be faffing around with it too much.

I dont need, or want a diesel, as we wont do the mileage in it, and the DPF would be a concern. this will limit availability, particularly the estates, as they tend to be diesels, but there are some about.

Any thoughts and/or recommendations?

Cheers

Associate
OP
Thanks guys.

The skodas are a good shout. The regular octavia hatch would probably be big enough. The fabia is worth a look too. I have no issues with skodas, Cant say im a fan of the styling though.

Yeah the mondeo is a bit big really. My wife would worry about hitting stuff. They do feel quite big. She would probably be fine, shes pretty good at driving, my dad has mis judged the size of his. Our kids are small still so dont need loads of space inside the car, just boot space. If you get what i mean?

Hadnt considered the exeo... though the leon estate is probably big enough.. ia the not estate exeo a hatch or saloon?

Cheers guys

Associate
OP
Thanks guys. All good stuff. i'll broaden my search a bit and look at some of the suggestions. I do need to start narrowing it down a bit too. i may be able to stretch the budget a bit, if i can sell my car, rather than trade it in.

Back
Top Bottom