MEGANE X - High-Res Micro OLED VR Headset

Soldato
Yeah, I've been looking at this for a while. OLED and a cabled PC experience....yes please!

Might be tempted to get this whilst we all wait for the deckard.

Soldato
You guys know that this headset won't have any controllers? It comes with an adapter for Steam VR. You will need to buy Valve Lighthouses and Knuckle controllers for room scale games. The FOV is supposedly comparable to the Quest 2, slightly larger horizontal, slightly smaller vertical.

Also, no wireless. It's a cable connection, but not HDMI or display port, but a USB connection like the Pico 4/Quest 2. Why have wired only headset using USB? Sounds daft to me. EDIT: See my reply to TheOracle below. It has DP connection.

It was supposedly due for release in Spring of this year. Then they announced it would come at the end of the year. Shortly after that they said there would be no controllers. And the price, over a $1000!! and no controllers.

Then there is the matter of getting one. That company only ships to the US.

Sounds like a complete waste of time to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
You guys know that this headset won't have any controllers? It comes with an adapter for Steam VR. You will need to buy Valve Lighthouses and Knuckle controllers for room scale games. The FOV is supposedly comparable to the Quest 2, slightly larger horizontal, slightly smaller vertical.

Also, no wireless. It's a cable connection, but not HDMI or display port, but a USB connection like the Pico 4/Quest 2. Why have wired only headset using USB? Sounds daft to me.

It was supposedly due for release in Spring of this year. Then they announced it would come at the end of the year. Shortly after that they said there would be no controllers. And the price, over a $1000!! and no controllers.

Then there is the matter of getting one. That company only ships to the US.

Sounds like a complete waste of time to me.

Jesus that sounds a bit crap. If it has USB-C DP-Alt mode that would be perfect for me, but everything else you've said has put me off.

I'll end up waiting for deckard I think anyway.

Soldato
Jesus that sounds a bit crap. If it has USB-C DP-Alt mode that would be perfect for me, but everything else you've said has put me off.

I'll end up waiting for deckard I think anyway.

Ok, did some more digging. It comes with a convertor DP+USB 2 to USB C. So, it will be properly wired, no compression.

Still of no interest to me personally.

Soldato
I already have the full Index Setup so I'd be interested in a headset to replace the Index itself, but not spending that much on just a headset!

Soldato
Lol this makes the PlayStation vr2 look so cheap, shows how good value it is

Probably subsidized by Sony, as they'll make the money back on games and subscriptions. It's like the Pico 4, that costs more than the £379 it sells for.

I'd assume the profit margins will be tight enough for shiftall (lol) as it is.

Back
Top Bottom