Meh Team

Soldato
Against the backdrop of a 25 point deduction for going into administration, only having 11 first team players, having to fill our bench with youths and trialists and tonight starting a local lad who we took on trial from a junior team - Dundee have just taken their 34th point from the last possible 36 and are now 15 games unbeaten in the league.

The SFL attempted to relegate us in a manner that wouldn't affect the remaining fixtures in the season - by deducting 25 points and assuming we would sink. Since then we have not only overcome that deficit but we now lie 7th in the table and look well on course to avoid relegation.

We are now on our way out of administration and, thanks to some tremendous fundraising efforts from the supporters, are in a position where the fans will have considerable input into how the club is run in the future.

It's pretty remarkable and ought to give a bit of hope to fans of the clubs down south that find themselves in administration. I've never ever seen more togetherness at a club in my life. The players stay on the pitch after every game to take huge ovations from the fans and applaud the fans in return. The mutual admiration that is there is fantastic and I can't quite believe how many positives have come from administration. Our support used to be terrible for booing at the slightest mistake or the slightest sign of trouble - now everything is cheered and every fan talks of the immense pride they have in supporting the current batch of players.

Anyway to give some point to the thread - administration isn't all bad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom