Memory error before bootup

Associate
Yeah, i have another problem, more than my fair share really considering i've done hardly anything wrong :'(

Occasionally, i get a beep to indicator the memory needs to be reseated before the POST beep occurs, and so i fix that (usually takes a few tries) before it runs fine.
But when i turn off my machine, it usually is the case that i get the beep again. It's happened quite a lot now.

I've tried using different slots but its the same thing that happens.
Why would it work fine, then after the machine is turned off, then back on, it's not? It's not as if i was bashing up the machine while it was turned off..

*sighs*

Associate
Artheas said:
Yeah, i have another problem, more than my fair share really considering i've done hardly anything wrong :'(

Occasionally, i get a beep to indicator the memory needs to be reseated before the POST beep occurs, and so i fix that (usually takes a few tries) before it runs fine.
But when i turn off my machine, it usually is the case that i get the beep again. It's happened quite a lot now.

I've tried using different slots but its the same thing that happens.
Why would it work fine, then after the machine is turned off, then back on, it's not? It's not as if i was bashing up the machine while it was turned off..

*sighs*

I had this problem once on my A7n8X which would not go away by reseating the sticks. It didn't go away untill I removed all sticks, hoovered out the slots and reinstalled the memory. Never had the problem since :cool:

Associate
OP
stvmor said:
I had this problem once on my A7n8X which would not go away by reseating the sticks. It didn't go away untill I removed all sticks, hoovered out the slots and reinstalled the memory. Never had the problem since :cool:

Hoovered the slots? O.o
With the brush nozzle thingy? lol

Associate
Artheas said:
Hoovered the slots? O.o
With the brush nozzle thingy? lol

I am serious, honest :D

I often hoover out my rigs. Just use the hose without any attachments. I use it to clean all the dust I can find, just be carefull to hold exposed fan blades still so you don't damage them!
The problem I had was solved by simply sucking out the memory slots. I couldn't see anything in there but the problem was persistent and did disappear after using the hoover to clean the slots. It's also a 'safe', non mechanical way of cleaning the often delicate parts inside your case!

Back
Top Bottom