Memory Stick reader

Caporegime
I just recieved a 2GB high speed memory stick duo but it doesnt seem to work in my internal card reader.

Whenever i go into My Computer and click on the icon to open it all it does is make the window hang for about 5 minutes then comes up with unable to read the card.

There is not a problem with the new card as it works in the phone and the card it's replacing still works with the reader. Im wondering if the card reader doesnt work with the size or speed of the new stick? Is there any way of sorting this? Its a competitor brander internal card reader.

Associate
yeah, could be compatibility issues.
Memory sticK PRO duos (512mb and bigger) are only compatible in newer devices. The old card format (<512mb) is memory stick duo. Had the same problems trying to use a PRO stick in an older mobile phone. :(

Caporegime
OP
delbuenno said:
yeah, could be compatibility issues.
Memory sticK PRO duos (512mb and bigger) are only compatible in newer devices. The old card format (<512mb) is memory stick duo. Had the same problems trying to use a PRO stick in an older mobile phone. :(

Ah k thanks, well it looks like i'll have to find another card reader sometime. At the moment i'm using my phone to comp connector to fill it up but it takes so long and half the files dont seem to be on the phone when i unplug it.

Back
Top Bottom