||Mercenaries 2: World In Flames||

Soldato
I've been playing this with my brother on coop, and it is SO much fun. Half of the fun is actually getting to your objective. We've found that when we're trying to get somewhere, we have so many wars is unbelievable. The airstrikes, vehicles, weapons... All of it.. It's just awesome right down to the tee. :cool:

There are LOADS of bugs, but nothing has compromised the fun factor for me yet. :D

Associate
The only thing that annoys me is when you're trying to take bases are those buildings with bad guys sticking out the window with rpgs. The only way to get rid of them is to demolish the whole building; if you kill them more of them just spawn.

Oh and I'd take lowrider's hint, blueshift, a mod might not be so forgiving. It is fun though, Watching buildings collpase to the sound of the massive bang which a bunker buster produces :)

Soldato
I've suspected for some time now that Gamespot can be a bit silly with their review scores. If a hyped game lets them down a bit they go way over the top and give it a really poor score just because they are annoyed. Mercs 2 isn't brilliant but there is no way it is deserving of a 5/10 score either.

I trust IGN far more than I do Gamespot now, plus they have much more regular updates to their website and far more useful content. I think IGN's reviews were fair, about 7.5-8 is a fair score for this game.

Soldato
I've suspected for some time now that Gamespot can be a bit silly with their review scores. If a hyped game lets them down a bit they go way over the top and give it a really poor score just because they are annoyed. Mercs 2 isn't brilliant but there is no way it is deserving of a 5/10 score either.

I trust IGN far more than I do Gamespot now, plus they have much more regular updates to their website and far more useful content. I think IGN's reviews were fair, about 7.5-8 is a fair score for this game.

Aye. its not the best game ive played but it keeps me going back for more, which is what i want!

Associate
Is the bridge outside the PMC supposed to be blown up? Think I may have accidentally done it when testing an airstrike...

Haha :D When I completed it I wanted to see if I could actually blow up the PMC building, and for a bit of spice I used the tactical nuke lol. Turns out you can. But then you're kinda stuck for a place to buy cars and do challenges and whatnot.

Oh and when I was bored I landed a tactical nuke right on top of myself, and it didn't actually kill me :confused: Must have looked impressive from somebody who might have been watchin though :)

Back
Top Bottom