Mesh Network added

Associate
Hi, I am new to mesh networks.
I put one in to boost my wifi into the garden, but although this has been successful, I now find that the Mesh Network has a different IP range, so that any device which connects onto the mesh wifi, cannot see the printer on the original network.

I used an APP to identify the Mesh IP addresses, and then reset my printer to that range, but then my PC's , who remain on the original range do not now connect.
My unseterstanding is that a network device with an IP address with a different IP address, which is not on the same network, has to be routed. Not sure if a mesh device is capable of this.

Any suggestions how this Mesh is supposed to work. Want all devices talking to each other.
regards
Chris

sorry but there doesn't seem to be any front end to the mesh, just plug in and go, and I think this is a problem, as DHCP is providing my normal private addresses from muy broadband router 19.168.1.x, and from the mesh, getting 192.168.5.x range. But I can't find any way of interrogating the mesh, to give them the same range.
The router I can get onto but if the mesh doesn't have a route to the other network, I can only get the printer to talk to devices on the mesh range, if I change its IP address to a .5.x address, and then this locks out the .1x addresses.

Back
Top Bottom