Meta Quest 3 with a 7900xtx

Associate
I'm thinking about getting another VR headset but there doesn't seem to be much positive noise surrounding the Quest 3 and the 7900xtx as a pairing. Anyone on here run that set up and how do you find it. Would be mostly for sim racing.
Cheers

Soldato
I'm having no issues now, did at the start, but that was my own stupidity, I'd set the upscale res to like 8k and beyond and wondered why performance wasn't the best.
Now set to 150% and its been great.

Associate
TL;DR: The 7800/7900 cards good for wireless PCVR.

I can anecdotally recommend the 7800xt, with which I play a lot of PCVR with the Quest 3. It runs well without any stuttering or hiccups and the AV1 encoder is currently outperforming the NV encoders. The 4090 is having trouble with AV1 bitrates higher than 120-150Mbps at high resolutions, where the reasons are unclear...

Previously AMD have had poor encoders, which has been resolved with the newest generation with AMD buying Xilinx and getting access to cutting edge encoder IP. It is likely that NV cards still outperform AMD cards on many UE4 games, due to better optimisations within the engine, but to what extent is very hard to find any data on...

Back
Top Bottom