Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Soldato
Is that a normal UK copy? Could you show a picture of the back please?
mgsv2.jpg

Associate
Lucky console users. Though my Limited Edition MGSV PS4 has shipped from gamestop.ie just today. I may be moving within the next month, thereby lessening the chances I'll open it. The PC version unlocks on Monday anyway, so I'm good. But would it be worth buying a (second) DualShock 4 controller to see how it plays with that controller on PC? With the added bonus of being a spare PS4 controller, though I won't have any local multiplayer games to use it with.

Oh and big question for anyone who now has this game and is playing it. What did the Ground Zeroes save file get you exactly? (without any story/plot spoilers please) Am I right in thinking that you get some cool staff for motherbase with decent stats? I might try doing the side ops and extracting some remaining prisoners if it's worth it. Otherwise ~91 more hours to go till I can get my hands on this game!

Soldato
Lucky buggers!

Thanks gord and TheVoice, really appreciate it. I think I'll read up on that and then order it - and btw great choice with simplygames, I always use them... they're outstanding.

Don't forget about Ground Zeroes, which is probably more of a must-play given it's tied into Phantom Pain.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I wouldn't want to spoil anything. I can't answer mahius' question because I don't know whether I played enough of Ground Zeros to warrant any additional packages in V, not to mention I'm not sure when you start even managing your own base of operations yet.

What I can say is the first 30 minutes I have played have been one of the most intense, confusing, awesome and thoroughly Kojima introductions ever. I think I said to smr that you wouldn't miss out on much but there are already throwbacks to the other games. They're not deal breakers so far, but they definitely do re-immerse you back into the world of MGS.

Associate
Anyone having issues with the game as in corrupted data? Just about to start second mission and it crashes asking to delete the application from PS4 and insert the disc again?

Back
Top Bottom