Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Soldato
When doing 'eliminate the tank unit 4' will it count as a kill if I blow the chopper out the sky with my rocket launcher? :D I can't see any other way to eliminate it.

Soldato
Any idea where to get ammo for Tanks/APC? I captured a few but they seem to have no ammo....

Last edited:
Associate
Loving this game soooooooooo damn much only 27% or so completed, keep getting side tracked with side ops, most missions are pretty damn good.

BUT..............that damn mission 18 (Blood Runs Deep), the very first mission I struggled with, and was the first mission I was asked if I wanted to wear the chicken hat lol

Finally beat it and got an S rank (God knows how) but JESUS that mission was so annoying, def the hardest one for me to date

Soldato
Completed the main story within 45 hours, at circa 40%. I'm now lost, I'm not that interested in playing it too much more really (although saying that I'm working on side ops missions as I type).

I'm wondering what's next for me on the PS4, I can't get into the Witcher 3, and I've exhausted Bloodborne.

I've yet to play MGS4 (despite playing 1, 2 and some of 3). I started playing a bit of 3 the other day and it felt clunky, is it worth picking up the later edition that came with better controls? I'm invested in the MGS universe now, can't get enough!

Soldato
I've yet to play MGS4 (despite playing 1, 2 and some of 3). I started playing a bit of 3 the other day and it felt clunky, is it worth picking up the later edition that came with better controls? I'm invested in the MGS universe now, can't get enough!

3 takes a bit of getting used to but it's definitely worth playing through.
4 is a great game, some people didn't like the super long cut scenes but I really enjoyed them.

Soldato
Completed the main story within 45 hours, at circa 40%. I'm now lost, I'm not that interested in playing it too much more really (although saying that I'm working on side ops missions as I type).

I'm wondering what's next for me on the PS4, I can't get into the Witcher 3, and I've exhausted Bloodborne.

Give 3 another go its worth it, I also highly recommend playing MGS 4 the older games are much better than 5 if you enjoy a good story the and great cut scenes.

Last edited:
Soldato

3 is superb. So much additional dialogue in that game too, nearly every item you equip (including camo patterns) will trigger some of the characters to talk about it if you call them with the radio. Well worth grabbing the HD Collection if you still have a PS3.

4 is great too, although in many respects it's largely intended as a nostalgia trip for people who have played through the previous games. I really like it, and the long cutscenes were never a problem for me.

Back
Top Bottom