Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes coming to PC!?

Soldato
**was originally about Metal Gear Revengeance coming to PC - WHICH IT IS**

EDIT: Ha! Did everything but a forum search and turns out this is old news that has been bought up before, sorry!

Apparently though, Ground Zeroes is coming to PC aswell!? :eek:

Some more searching around and I can confirm that there seems about 99% chance of this being true!

418722_10151017270220986_1212273777_n.jpg

Lets being!!11 :D :D :D

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is a prologue to Metal Gear Solid 5 featuring the Big Boss aka Naked Snake aka John who

(Warning) Metal Gear Solid 4 major spoilers - proceed at own risk!

died in Metal Gear Solid 4? :confused:

(Warning) Contains spoilers of the series:

He is the original Snake, and was also the main protagonist in the 3rd entry to the series; Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater which was set within the Cold War, after the events of Snake Eater he formed an Army of Mercenaries and created a Military Idealistic Utopic called Outer Haven, based on ending the kind of treatment his love interest and mentor 'The Boss' suffered throughout her life. He has three sons whom were cloned from his DNA;

Liquid Snake - real name unknown, technically died in 1995. He is the Spetsnaz double-double agent Ocelot (the true hero of the Metal Gear Solid Saga) whom mentally twisted and convinced himself he was actually Liquid to take on the role of Liquid (despite not actually being Liquid) to ultimately end the Philosophers (who were the leaders of the Soviet Union, Republic of China and United States, also happened to be corrupt warmongers etc.). He was inadvertently killed by the FOXDIE virus inside David when Ocelot's true personality ultimately reemerged and reclaimed his body after Liquid's goals were accomplished. Despite trying to murder John (Big Boss) throughout the events of Metal Gear Solid 4, his goals were ultimately the same as his 'fathers'. *DEAD*

Solidus Snake - George Seers, the perfect clone, a direct strand-for-strand DNA clone of John. He was masqueraded as Big Boss himself in the events of Metal Gear Solid 4, thus lead to him being murdered by Liquid. *DEAD*

Solid Snake - the ultimate clone, known simply as David. He is the main protagonist and true biological son of John and EVA (Agent alongside Ocelot in Metal Gear Solid 3). He was manipulated by Ocelot (twisted Liquid) throughout the series as a pawn, ultimately aiding Ocelot in bringing ultimate world peace one step closer to reality. *ALIVE - CONFIRMED FOR MGS5*

After a lot of mischief became the antagonist of Metal Gear Solid 1 (set after 3, before 2, despite being the first).

Metal Gear Solid is well known for having arguably the best story in all of video gaming, this is incredible news!

BONUS FOR EVERYONE YAY:
ENJOY :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's about time MGS games ended console exclusivity.

I think now though, is that transitional period where current gen consoles are all old and stale, devs are gearing up for next gen, so start flocking to PCs, it comes in cycles.

I think this is the very reason for Ubisoft's recent change of mind over DRM, they've though "Oh crap, this console gen is nearly over, we're gonna have to take PC seriously again and stop annoying PC customers".

That makes sense, at least we'll get Ground Zeroes and hopefully 5 before developers go back to derpland and fail all over the place.

Soldato
OP
+1

I spent many days playing Metal Gear Solid 4's online mode. Still probably one of my favourite online games. Would be brilliant to see the next one. :D

I remember MGS4's online, I swear the people playing it are stupid (most likely post-brainexploding from the awesome storyline). I'd stand ontop of the most blatant building possible sniping and nobody would try and kill me, the amounts of free kills I racked up was ridiculous. :p

Soldato
OP
MGS1+2 both came out on PC many years ago.

MGS1 was published by MS and is the definitive version of the game.

MGS2 was one of the first PC DVD Rom only games & used an unheard of at the time 5GB to install. Again PC version was definitive but also sluggish should be ok on modern PC's though.

Just searched for Metal Gear Solid on Steam, nothing came up. Do they not realise what an amazing opportunity it would be for the games to be released on Steam? So many great games that are not on there. :/

Soldato
OP
I don't have a PS3, I meant copies on PC. :p

Why don't they bring the HD collection to PC? What could they possibly gain out of only releasing on consoles, Japanese developers are stupid, man. They all do this weird ****, release half a franchise on PC and leave the other half exclusive to consoles, makes absolutely no sense. Final Fantasy is another culprit...

Soldato
OP
Because lack of market, sales and piracy are the usual suspects as to why it is the case.

It's not as if the console crowd is perfect either.

The Xbox crowd only got to have MGS2: Substance before, now they finally get the HD Collection, but they still miss out on the first game and MGS4.

Xbox didn't even exist when MGS1 was around, 4 was just Sony's attempt at a cheap victory over Microsoft to launch with their convulted console. There is no need to not bring the HD collection at least to PC, makes absolutely no sense, and the old piracy crap is wrong anyway, there are ways to get every single Metal Gear on PC, so pirates will pirate regardless of whether it is released, if they release it legit they'd at least get tons of sales. If they released the Metal Gear Solid saga on Steam, imagine how long that'd stay as the top seller... Mmmmmm. Kinda redundent now to state there is no market on PC, there are more intelligent capable gamers on this platform than any other.

At least now they are going the PC route, just wonder how long that'll last...

Do not think MS or Konami will lose any sleep over it do you! Your best bet is find someone like me who owns the original on 2 CD's & ask them to sell it (mines not for sale BTW). The game requires the CD in the drive at all times during play but has no online DRM. From memory it uses Direct 3D so should still work on modern Nvidia cards (they used to still have the forceware driver ability to play 3DFX titles from this era even though MGS is not a 3DFX native title it ran very well on that card).

You sir, are just crew-ell (cookie for reference). Talk about teasing. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Think there will be a way to keep the dog stuck at base or something? Or will it be immortal?

Because if that cute little thing dies... Well, I'd rather not see that :D

Back
Top Bottom