Mic help...

Associate
Im currently using an A8R-MVP with onboard sound. The sound is fine..but the mic simply work. The mic works fine on other pcs so its not faulty. Anyone any ideas whats going on?

(Mods - I put it in this forum cause I couldnt think where else it would belong!)

Look at the 'Audio – Microphone Port Testing' part on this review
Audio – Microphone Port Testing

The onboard audio MIC-IN port was tested using a Logitech Internet Chat Headset. Spoken words were recorded from the Windows Sound Recorder found under the Accessories\Entertainment folder in the start menu within Windows XP. The recording was made with the Microphone Boost option disabled, then enabled. The Microphone Boost option is found within the advanced menu under the microphone section with in the Volume Control Menu.

The microphone playback was inaudible without the microphone boost option enabled (edit by me: should have said disabled I would think). When enabled, playback was audible and distortion free. There was also a Front Panel Mic option that was enabled by default. When this was enabled, no sound was audible in playback, and there were no level readings.

Back
Top Bottom