Mic picking up coil whine (I Think)

Associate
My Gear:
Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card,
Beyerdynamic MMX300 Headphone,
XFX R9 Fury.

Anytime I load up a game and talk to people or do a loop back test they and I can hear a high pitch buzzing noise it varies from game to game and which voip Im using. Seeing as its only happening during games I was pretty sure it was cause by the coil whine from the GFX card which when Im sitting next to the pc isn't that bad.
I've tried the front and rear audio jacks they all sound the same. The distance to the pc case doesn't affect the sound and even if I unplug the mic cable the buzzing noise is still there which makes me think its not the actual mic picking up the buzzing but perhaps some kind of EMI but my sound card is supposed to be shielded.
Im really not sure what else to check so before I go trying to cover the GFX card chokes in more glue I thought I'd ask here.

Any help appreciated.

Associate
OP
Yeah from my research it seems to be a common fault with this card. I'd never heard of ground loop isolators before so thats worth a shot. I think what I'll end up doing is getting a cheap usb sound card and just run the mic through that.

Thanks for the help folks

Back
Top Bottom