Michelin restaurants - worth the hype?

Associate
Never been in one myself. I'm guessing value for money is not something to even be considered if your going to eat in one of these places.

I know I wouldn't pay those prices for me tea. Note also though that I refuse to go in Burger king at motorway services 'cos I think they are a blooming a rip off. So, as you can probably tell, I'm no big spender or food connoisseur anyway.

So, Michelin restaurants? Ever used one?
Was the food good?
Was there enough food on your plate or did you feel less than happy with the portions?
Did you baulk when you got the bill?
Rip off?
Worth it?
Afterwards, did you just wish you'd got a kebab from the local takeaway instead?

Associate
OP
I think judging from this awful sentence alone perhaps fine dining isn't for you ;)
I did deliberately dumb that down a bit for effect. But dang nabbit, fella, you got me banged ta rites ;)

Yes used to regularly take advantage of these when I worked in London. Often around 30 for a 3 course lunch I thought that was pretty reasonable

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding, please. £30 in a Michelin in the UK? Am I interpreting that correctly? If so, then I've got to give Michelin a go. I'd love to give them a try then. I thought Michelin meals wouldn't give me much change out from a couple of hundred.
I think I might need to do a bit of research then.

Associate
OP
Yes, a michelin star doesn't automatically mean the restaurant charges a couple hundred for a meal. There's obviously a strong correlation between having a michelin star and price but there's plenty of restaurants that are reasonably priced

For example https://www.cntraveller.com/article/michelin-lunch-deals-london a list of the kind of deals I used to look for when I was in London

Bloomin' 'eck. Clicked on that link. Some of the prices on that are far, far lower than I had imagined. I think me and her indoors is going to have to find a Michelin nearby in Yorkshire. Gotta give it a go now.

Back
Top Bottom