MicroATX OR ITX Build

Soldato
Morning guys and gals,

Looking to downsize the case but upgrade the parts!

I have an ATX case at the moment but want to get a case with a smaller footprint but still have the grunt to play everything at Ultra 1080p 144hz.

Got £1000 to play with and that's purely for the hardware of the PC (no monitor, k+M needed) nor OS.

Thanks!

Soldato
Morning guys and gals,

Looking to downsize the case but upgrade the parts!

I have an ATX case at the moment but want to get a case with a smaller footprint but still have the grunt to play everything at Ultra 1080p 144hz.

Got £1000 to play with and that's purely for the hardware of the PC (no monitor, k+M needed) nor OS.

Thanks!

jonsbo UMX 4 - size of most MAX cases :)

allows GPU upgrade then ;)

and whats your current specs?

Associate
there are plenty of cases just look through the itx ones on here. i quite like the cube ones from lian li. i have evolv itx will fit anything in it and its not huge.

Soldato
I went mATX earlier this year, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv with an Asus Z370G-WiFi motherboard. It's probably one of the slightly bigger mATX cases around but it meant enough room for a 280mm AIO cooler without being too cramped or having to upsize to the much larger (and more expensive) ATX version.

Soldato
unless you got a good psu to transfer, then you probably be looking at something like this for a build if you go ryzen that is and all new stuff.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £900.64 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

this is the inside of my case, it fits on my desk perfectly with more space round it than ive had from cubes(m-atx ones), can only sport 240mm cards, but atx power supplies, not suggesting this budget case lol, just showing my small footprint m-atx with full height cards unlike the cs101 case i have

79XtpoR.jpg

having both itx and m-atx systems i would probably prefer itx as i only use the gpu slot, so unlike most, i dont need a lot of features, but an itx version of my case with full card support as well as atx psu would be ideal which i dont think exists without spending stupid money?

Soldato
I was undecided which to go for so I took advice and went for the NZXT H400i which can house both MATX and ITX so both bases are covered. OCUK had/have them for £99 on offer at the moment.
My previous PC was in a Fractal R5 and was pretty quite but this new case is really really quiet. I went to i7 8700k, Gigabyte Z370N WIFI ITX, Kraken X62 cooler, Zotac Mini GTX 1080ti with Kraken G2 Kit from OCUK and remainder from my previous PC. Had a bit of an oversight wobble with the rear AIO no space for a fan inside in push config due to the Kraken X62 pump being so tall. Its a pity you cant fit a 240mm radiator in roof.
Still needs a bit of tinkering with cables etc. I was going to put extra fans on 280mm rad to complete push/pull but I dont think I really need it. Benchmark tests currently have CPU and GPU maxing at 56c.

n3qjaq.jpg

Associate
My signature spec is all tucked into a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX Tempered Glass, I'd ordered it by mistake but generally very happy with how it came out. My only gripe is the mobo doesn't have an RGB header which I can plug the case too but hey it's minor.

Back
Top Bottom