Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 < Anyone got one?

I don't have one but have tried one out. It's very light, which is either good or bad depending on your preferences. However, the one really bad thing about it is the placement of the extra buttons, which are far too far forward to be comfortable in use.

I have the wireless version, not quite as light as the wired one due to the batteries but still lighter than most. The extra buttons are a bit futher foward than mice such as the original Intellimouse Explorer. The vertical scrolling is an absolute pain in the ass though, it is way too fast and I can't slow it down anyway, even with acceleration disabled and the speed set to the slowest it still scrolls about 10 lines at a time. Also the middle-click is very hard to push compared to some mice (all new MS mice have this problem). It also has horizontal scrolling which has limited uses. Call Microsoft a software company but they can't even figure out how to let people reconfigure the horzontal scroll, intellpoint, the mouse software can become a pain, such as warning you about low battery when you have a few days left of use.

Overall it's a decent mouse, it is quite a bit more accurate than optical mice which is nice. The main problem with it is the scroll wheel's stupid scroll speed, changing a weapon in a some games is a nightmare, you can scroll through 5 weapons in 1 movement.

Back
Top Bottom