Microsoft SQL & application software.

Associate
Hi,

I have a software that is setup through Microsoft Sql server.

I have set it up, now when I start up the program (client) it takes me into a log in screen asks for a log in I'd and password.

Unfortunately I don't remember them anymore and I don't have the manual anymore as it is not been used in 4+ years.

Is their a way to create an administration account through my database so I could access the program
Or access the default administration log in details for the program?

All help would be appreciated.

Associate
OP
Well if you have database access via ssms then you could try to look at the data but if the passwords are encrypted then you may be out of luck unless you know how the passwords have been encrypted and can either decrypt them or create a new encrypted password. Is this a custom application or an off the shelf product?

It's custom program. And I do have access to the database, I was hoping if somehow I could create a log in account with admin rights and delete the old one.

Associate
OP
Well have you had a look at the underlying database at all?

Without knowing how the database is constructed and how the user authorization/ authentication system is working it is difficult to give a decent answer.

If you can provide a backup file of the database I could try loading it on one of my test machines and see if it is easy to get access to the system.

Obviously if there is sensitive data in there I understand if you don't want to share.

You have an email I can send it through.it's about 100mb

Back
Top Bottom