**** Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Thread ****

Associate

Surface Pro 4 Specs:
  • 12.3" Pixelsense display (2736×1824)
  • Skylake 6th Gen Core m3, i5, i7 Processors
  • Hybrid liquid cooling - Keeping things cool
  • 128GB, 256GB, 512GB - No 64GB option here
  • RAM 4GB, 8GB, 16GB - Highest ram/storage configuration only available with i7 model
  • Weight (786g) - Thinner & lighter than Surface Pro 3
  • Surface Pen included - 1,024 sensitivity levels, magnetic docking, built in eraser, Cortana integration, interchangeable pen tips, all year battery life

Release & Pricing:

November 12th
Core m3 128GB / 4GB RAM £749
Core i5 128GB / 4GB RAM £849
Core i5 256GB / 8GB RAM £1,079

December 10th
Core i7 256GB / 8GB RAM £1,299
Core i7 256GB / 16GB RAM £1,449
Core i7 512GB / 16GB RAM £1,799

Pre-order at Microsoft Store

pro_4.jpg

DSCSURFACE.jpg

New Pro 4 type cover & Surface Dock:

eVbfJzzl.jpg
BkzPpZrl.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Surface Book :eek:
Release & pricing: ??? Very little info on uk release. Early 2016 possibly.

image.jpg

Microsoft event recap:

Last edited:

POB

POB

Soldato
I really hope the thermal problems are solved and the Pro 4 can sit on my desk driving a couple of screens without kicking the fan on as much.

My Wish List:

1) Thermal improvements, less fan noise

2) Tougher metal, they can get dented and scuffed. Especially around the ports.

2) Perhaps a change of SSD interface to improve speeds to Macbook levels (they are not slow but why not?)

4) The magic bezel trick Intel demoed, where when docked it increases the screen size, but in tablet mode it disabled the screen edge and shrinks the screen leaving you somewhere to grip.

5) Loose the velvet feel on the type covers they tend to get a bit grubby.

6) Would love an Windows 8.1 option, but just 10 fixed would do. Hopefully by the Nov update things will be better.

Then its goodbye desktop.

Soldato
TO be honest how well the SP3 has worked out for me ( honestly Its too much for what I indeed), but I'm thinking I have to treat it like the life I would get out of a PC, so it could do me for years.
Still like to see what MS does with the SP4, I think the balance in size and power if pretty much perfect.

Soldato
Why...Win RT did a much better job still than an iPad and was the sole reason I went straight to an SP3 after owning that for years.

Man of Honour
Now there's competition with a far cheaper tablet hope MS do something great
Otherwise I'll get the lenovo.

RT was very good, bit slow now. But far better than the iPad it replaced at the time.
Only people who were couldn't realise it wasn't full windows had the issues. Still use RT now. Waiting for skylake core m tablet.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Why...Win RT did a much better job still than an iPad and was the sole reason I went straight to an SP3 after owning that for years.

Because it never really enjoyed any sort of actual push by Microsoft to get an app marketplace going on the system and their marketing quickly reverted to "look you can run real Windows apps on the Surface Pro". And now the platform is EOL.

Technically it had it together, it was just managed incredibly badly by Microsoft. People buying it and not realising it wasn't 'real' Windows is a failure in how the product was positioned and sold.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Tempted to replace my SP3, but It'll have to be a decent worthwhile upgrade. I've had an SP1, SP2 and SP3 so far, and to me at least, moving from SP1 to SP2 wasn't really worth it, except for the fact that it only cost me £80~ for a 512GB at the time.

Back
Top Bottom