*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Associate
Hi everyone,

I have enabled fTPM and secure boot (standard) and windows update still says my system does not meet the requirements. Any ideas?
Thanks!

EDIT:
The MS PC Health Check tool says my PC meets the requirements and is green for all conditions. Windows Update still says the system does not meet requirements though?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
What's the point in adding it if they going to tell you how to bypass it lol I bet it's a marketing con.

Pretty much. There is zero reason why so many CPU models are off the compat list. TPM ok can have a legit reason in the aid of security/integrity when encryption is used etc but the vast majority of people don't know of it let alone use drive encryption. or other local encryption requiring a hardware based store for keys.

Otherwise if they were fully doubling down then they'd not give you the way to work around it lol.

Soldato
You can restore quick launch yep via right clicking the taskbar > toolbars > links then copy pasting your shortcuts you want or dragging whatever to the links toolbar :cool:
As above though, you have various options to get how you like it.
Quick dirty gif I did to demonstrate:

Thanks a lot for confirming, Not a fan of the W11 menus so this will be the first thing I do! lol

Soldato
Ok, that's pretty much bang on, thank you :)

--------------------

For those who don't know what they are looking for in the BIOS this is what it looks like. These are screenshots of my BIOS.

You shouldn't have to bother with even going in to the Trusted Computing settings screen, i left everything as it was set and the Windows 11 compatibility tool said i was ready to go at that, but if you want to look in there to compare its the second image.

iHerVKv.png

NdISM1l.png

Just update the bios, most boards received a bios update at the end of July which updated the bios to automatically support W11 without the user having to mess around in bios settings

Soldato
I'm doing an upgrade on my main PC and something isn't right, from like 90% it's been going super slow, like 4 hours already and at 98%, I hope it will complete eventually.
I also did a laptop upgrade and that installed super quick.

Back
Top Bottom