*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Man of Honour
Does anyone have issues with their cursor randomly freezing/lagging?

Had issue in the Co Release I initially updated too but thought it was a bug that would be fixed come release.
However still having issues.

Is there a setting that could be potentially causing do you think?
Never had any issues in W10.
Yep, and on a fresh install

Soldato
I usually use my Surface Go tablet to "test" new updates etc first but unfortunately it's not eligible due to the CPU, despite only being a couple of years old. Don't think I'll be installing Win11 on my main PC for a little while though.

Soldato
Soldato
Well I think I have got win11 looking and feeling more or less like win10 from using "StartIsBack"as this makes it possible to create taskbar toolbars on the taskbar again like in win10. That was the main thing that was putting me off using win11, as I use the toolbars for my music and games folders, plus the recycle bin.

Also Im still using the win7 task manager as I cant get the hang of the win10/11 version and I have this on the right click context menu.... And the automatic windows updates has remained turned off during the upgrade to my amazement!!
6ux1FeS.jpg
0b5ijHH.jpg

Last edited:
Don
Well I think I have got win11 looking and feeling more or less like win10 from using "StartIsBack"as this makes it possible to create taskbar toolbars on the taskbar again like in win10. That was the main thing that was putting me off using win11, as I use the toolbars for my music and games folders, plus the recycle bin.

I might be utterly missing the point, but why not stay on Windows 10?

It's not like Windows 11 is required for anything yet, or offers any tangible benefits in day to day use

Man of Honour

Also Im still using the win7 task manager as I cant get the hang of the win10/11 version and I have this on the right click context menu.... And the automatic windows updates has remained turned off during the upgrade to my amazement!!
6ux1FeS.jpg
0b5ijHH.jpg
Does using StartIsBack introduce any latency or the like?

Man of Honour
Does using StartIsBack introduce any latency or the like?

No, you would never even guess it was being used it's that well integrated as are all these alternative "start" style utils. There isn't even a start menu all programs icon or shortcut for it, the only way to load it is right click start button and properties as if it was a part of Windows.

Man of Honour
No, you would never even guess it was being used it's that well integrated as are all these alternative "start" style utils. There isn't even a start menu all programs icon or shortcut for it, the only way to load it is right click start button and properties as if it was a part of Windows.
Excellent thanks, have you got the a link to the correct one?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

6ux1FeS.jpg
0b5ijHH.jpg
Nice desktop background :)

Don
So, I don't have TPM, am I screwed or is there a way around it?

(Gigabyte Z87x OC, 4770K)

You can try the following Reg Key (Not sure if this is a new article, but seen it posted on a far dodgier forum :)

• Microsoft recommends against installing Windows 11 on a device that does not meet the Windows 11 minimum system requirements. If you choose to install Windows 11 on a device that does not meet these requirements, and you acknowledge and understand the risks, you can create the following registry key values and bypass the check for TPM 2.0 (at least TPM 1.2 is required) and the CPU family and model.

• Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup

• Name: AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU

• Type: REG_DWORD

• Value: 1

• Note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e

Soldato
I might be utterly missing the point, but why not stay on Windows 10?

It's not like Windows 11 is required for anything yet, or offers any tangible benefits in day to day use

But they are great features that MS had removed from 11...

corel draw and jasc paint shop pro!
Well if it aint broke, dont fix it...These apps still work perfectly with win10/11 and does everything I need.:)

Back
Top Bottom