Mid life crisis or no!?

Associate
Mid life crisis or not!? I'm 42...

Music...I have been a raver(no I'm not bonkers!)through my late teens to early 20's latterly getting into house music which i have always loved! Still do!

I have a friend who only recently got into being a mobile dj to up his income... he's been doing it over 6 months now.....approx £150 + per gig....3 or 4 gigs a month well you could be touching nearly 1k extra a month (minus tax man ofc). He does anything from kids parties to 50th birthdays.....and is expanding... he enjoys it a lot and gets a buzz...

Now i have fancied doing it for a while and only now had the time/cash to get the gear to do it.... told the missis and explained extra cash for holidays and would probably enjoy doing it anyway... at least making some wicked tunes for the car instead of the rubbish thats on the radio!....anyway....

I have been to many a wedding and or party where there has been a DJ and to be frank.. they have been utter junk....the music i have on my pod can do better than that! However.....

My missis is ripping me saying it's a mid life crisis and has now put doubts in my mind as to whether it is! Or not!

I intend to go down a specific route with my mobile dj stuff and i know i would have to open myself up to a lot of parties that wouldn't suit my niche but hey ho... means to an end! Cash n aw that, gotta pay for the gear!

So my question.... mid life crisis or no? Or is my missis being unsupportive? Do i pursue.... with the ultimate goal(not that i would reach it) would be a resident at a nightclub and god forbid a resident in a holiday location!

Associate
OP
Obliged for the replies >:D

It isn't my long term intention to do parties and weddings.....that would be there initially to get a grounding in the basics of hosting. My preference would be clubs then festivals and progress from there as a DJ artist. I have the DJ academy lined up for schooling and the equipment i have is at the high end of the scale....no laptop and junk speakers in sight (krk here). I plan on 6 months of self training after the academy before i even go anywhere...I ain't saying i'm gonna be the next martin garrix or armin van buuren etc but i'd like to see where i could get to! >:D I do have a wee soft spot for Juicy M though Oo ..... ignoring her fugliness ;) i love how she flies around the cdj's mixing random stuff and gets the crowd going....

Back
Top Bottom