Mid sized case too small? edit: how's this spec?

Associate
Looking at building a new system with a 7950x and a high end gfx card (3090 ti probs) but I'm struggling at the moment finding a mid tower like the 4000D/X that can accommodate an AIO for a 7950x. I keep seeing mixed answers.

I was originally going to go with 4000X, AF2 280 but apparently AF2 rad too big for the case and it will foul on the RAM, then looked at say the 115i which has a slimmer profile rad and people say it will fit with low profile RAM.

So currently have specced with the 115i and Fury Beast RAM as that is low profile. Then someone had mentioned it also depends as mobo RAM slots can vary. I have specced the Gigabyte Aorus Elite.

I'm just worried about ordering everything up and it not all fitting.

I just prefer the look of the smaller towers. Next size up to a full tower they go ridic big. They need a mid tower with an extra inch of height for AIOs.

I could mount the AIO in the front but I heard this is not optimal and could cause overheating on a high end gpu.

Advice appreciated thanks guys!

edit: anything you'd change here?
My basket at OcUK:

Total: £3,308.77 (includes delivery: £15.90)​

Last edited:
P500 Air

If you look at the first pic you will see there is plenty of room for a 280 AIo even if the rad is a little thicker.

Lian Li O11 Mini or even Dynamic/Evo. I have 60mm rad+fans in roof of my Dynamic so that case has ample room for any AIO you can think of.

With the Mini you can mount the 280 AIO on the side and have it as an exhaust so it will have no adverse effect on the gpu. It will most likely fit in the roof as well if you prefer.

I am sure there are plenty of other cases that will suit your needs and fit an AF2 without an issue.
Cheers for this, I should have thought about Lian-Li as years ago I build one with a Lian-Li case and really liked it.

That one looks ideal for me really - looks like I could fit an AF2 360 AIO in there too and not worry about RAM clearance?

Like I said , I have a 60mm rad+fans in the roof of my Dynamic and no problem with ram or VRM heatsink clearance. With an AF2 having 28mm rad you will have over 30mm clearance. There is so much room which is why I sugested the mini because the Dynamic is actually quite a large case.

I also really like the Lian Li case I have. It was a noticeable step up in quality over ever other case I have used before

Edit - If the price is not too much more maybe get the Evo over the Dynamic , just more options and few improvements.
It is quite a jump up for the Evo price wise, not sure it is worth it.

Thanks for your help though! Looks like my 7950x will get a 360 AIO after all! :)

You have not really said what your use case is for this PC but I am not sure a £1300 3090ti is a good idea for any I can think of. If you are looking into a card with that sort of budget then a 4090 for £1600 is a better idea or if it is just for gaming drop down to a 3080 for under £800 or even an AMD 6900XT.

Nothing too crazy with the rest of the parts. People have been running 4090s with 850w psus but if buying from new you may want to look into a 1000w.
cheers, yeah I probably won't spend £1300 on a 3090 ti - will just look for a cheap one to drop! I do see them ocassionally get to near 1k which is more acceptable.

it's for productivity, I don't game, but as my little boy is growing up before his years, I'm sure he will probably be interested in watching me play Spiderman or something (he's obsessed with Spiderman!)

Back
Top Bottom