Midland Meet Info Chat Just get the **** inside

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
:p

So a Midland meet

Start point would be The Longshoot A5 - Very easy to find from every direction.
Start point linky - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...1s0x487750306fe3a9b7:0x5fd47438c83dc066?hl=en

We can finish up here like we did last time as they do good food & it'll be an easy Hit Home button for your home journey. Nice big car park.

Plan is to meet up then head up the A444 (Of course :D) & on up to Matlock, I'll do a few reccy runs & Dan hopefully will come as he will know that manor well.

Arriving here - Linky -https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/M...83dc066!2m2!1d-1.419998!2d52.536439!3e0?hl=en
Will put us right on the edge of the peak district - Meca :D Prob take us an hour an a half to get from the Longshoot to Matlock so a drink toilet break fuel & then into the Peak District.
I'm going to suss out the route between Longshoot & Matlock so I'm hoping somebody can take lead from Matlock Onwards.

So...

How soon do you want to meet ? We can float it over 2 weekends to make sure we get a good day ? Say either the last Sunday of April & the First Sunday in March then we can see how the weather goes & move it to the best Sunday out of the 2.

This thread is just the feeler thread to see whose up for it & what you think & to get the best day/weekend.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Looking at the map again it would be better for us to head to Ashbourne from the way we are coming & then drop into the Park from there.

Here = https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/5...83dc066!2m2!1d-1.419998!2d52.536439!3e0?hl=en

Like I said though this thread is for Ideas Options Whatevers.

I said End of March in my OP I mean end Of April or Beginning of May if that's no good we can go 2nd Sunday May 3rd Whatever suits the most of us. :)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
We could get to Ashbourne then take the A515 to Buxton then take the A6 back to Matlock, Looks pretty damn epic on the Map but a local can correct me.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Nice run but it has to be a circuit then we have a rally point & the option of others joining us along the way & nobody gets took out to far & left to come back alone.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
I'm already going on the A444 - A511 - A515 - Buxton - A6 - Matlock run first chance I get to check it out. I never realised it was such a straight forward run.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Meet us at Ashbourne SPG or just pick your own route to the A5 start point then leave us when we get to Matlock.

Nothing is set in stone here, This is just the Fridge door for Ride out stickys. :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
We'll have to see who wants to come as chaps from further afield might feel the need to Cat & Fiddle it.
Threads already full of info so between us we'll make the right choice to suit us all. :)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Correction.

Out >>> Longshoot A5 - A444 - A511 - A50 - A515 - Ashbourne - Buxton.

Back >> Buxton - A6 - Derby - Coalville - Hinckley.

I'm going out in a bit to try the above route, See how long it takes & what it's like.
No doubt locals will find us a better way back but the route looks to good for me not to at least it. :)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Just got back, Some brilliant roads but I went off Course ending up in God knows Village. :p
I'll do it a few more times before the meet as it's an Epic run & I want to suss out the route properly & plot out all the speed cameras.
Ended up dropping into Donnington on the way home as I met a fella in a petrol station who told me there doing track days today. Went in the Paddock end grabbed a T then hung around the Hairpin until I saw someone crash & the Red flags came out.

2 quid for a cup of T at Donny. :eek: + :mad: = :p

I had my mellow head on so didn't say owt. :cool:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
We're getting loads of decent weather here at the mo & it's forecast to last till the end of July, If the long term forecasts over the next couple of weeks turn out to be reliable it'll make planning a decent day loads easier.
At the mo we're getting temps around the 13c-16c mark & winds only up to 15mph, Clear skys first thing are drying the roads out nice by 8-10'ish as well & with the 10-15mph winds All of the roads are dry & not patchy like last month. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom