Miele G1022WH dishwasher won't stop running

itm

itm

Associate
We came down this morning to find that our Miele G1022WH dishwasher had been running all night, and we couldn't stop it - none of the controls on the front panel had any effect, and even opening the door wouldn't stop it. We had to power it off at the circuit breaker. The dishes inside were clean and dry, and there was a faint smell of burning rubber. There were no LED's lit on the front panel.

Any idea what the problem might be, and whether it might be economically repairable?

Last edited:
It could be any number of things, a faulty circuit board, a stuck relay, a burnt out component. Whether it's economically repairable depends on what needs to be repaired or replaced.

Last edited:
Time for a new machine
Yeah maybe. I was thinking about one of the Fisher Paykel 2-drawer models. My friends have one and they love it. Only problem is they're only available as an Integrated model, and our current one is not integrated (it's enclosed in an under-counter cavity)

We had an issue with anti flood engaging causing the drain pump to be on continuously. Turns out the dishwasher was leaking and we eventually replaced it.

:eek:

dlockers knows his dishwashers!
You could say I am a connoisuour of Miele goods. Here is a photo of the next model up from this generation in washer and dryer form. This was in the best hostel in Berlin, ever. Needed a photo it was so badass. (2012).

Ed3O7t6.jpeg

We had an issue with anti flood engaging causing the drain pump to be on continuously. Turns out the dishwasher was leaking and we eventually replaced it.
Did you ever clean up the leak? Mine did this recently and i cleaned up the water under the machine and its been fine since. Not entirely sure what caused the leak but there was a small tiny puddle enough to lift the polystyrene to engage the anti flood.

Did you ever clean up the leak? Mine did this recently and i cleaned up the water under the machine and its been fine since. Not entirely sure what caused the leak but there was a small tiny puddle enough to lift the polystyrene to engage the anti flood.

Took off the fascia on the base and mopped out the water trap repeatedly. Was a temporary fix, so ended up replacing the machine. It was a crack in the housing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom