Migrating Internet and digital phine line to separate providers

Associate
Hi folks, aplologies if posting in the wrong forum.

Currently with Zen for the 80/20 FTTC (which may now be SOGEA) and also have Zen Digital voice included in the package.

We have Full fibre (FTTH/P) coming soon to the area and may want to switch to a new provider.

If I wanted to move our phone number to a separate VOIP provider (eg AAISP) and the broadband to a different ISP, should I move the number first and then when transferred switch the broadband to the new ISP?

Or is it safe to do both at the same time? I had read that porting a digital voice line/number could cancel the combined broadband as well.

If and when I leave Zen, I want a VOIP service that is line only and PAYG calls.

So far all FTTP/ FTTH ISP's that also offer a digital voice line charge for inclusive calls package as well, so having the phone line with AAISP seems to make sense. Then I assume I can move ISP as and when I want without affecting the VOIP line.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
We want to keep the landline as everyone in the home is on the same mobile network so want an alternative phone of mobile goes off.

Back
Top Bottom