Mike Capps: Epic Games has a PC-exclusive game in the works

Soldato
Gears of War and Fortnite dev Epic Games is getting back to its roots with a PC-exclusive project, creative lead Cliff Bleszinski and president Mike Capps announced today during a PAX East panel. "We might be working on a PC-only title," Capps teased, before Bleszinski picked up where he left off: "Let me say that again: we are working on a PC game."

The panel is still going on, but we'll be sure to chat to the Epic folks as soon as it's over.

Update: Epic Games prez Mike Capps told us after the panel that the unannounced PC project is currently underway, and that the current plans are to keep the game exclusive to the PC platform. Unsurprisingly, he wouldn't tell us anything else.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/07/epic-games-has-a-pc-exclusive-in-the-works/

Soldato
OP
I think I must be the only person who enjoyed UT3. Played a fair amount of it on the lower patches and once it hit 2.0 it became very solid. Looks great, plays great.

As for PC exclusives are they that necessary with Epic? The biggest use they have is producing a quite superb engine that other companies pick up. Without them we wouldn't have had Bioshock, Mass Effect, Borderlands, Batman or even Bulletstorm which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Yep i enjoyed it and it still looks superb.

Soldato
OP
The reason that they're doing a game at all is really a tech demo for other companies to get them to stick with the UTx engine for upcoming games. They don't have to sell a ton, this is really marketting for the engine.

And to really show off the engine, you need new hardware... hardware that exists on the PC and doesn't exist on the console yet.

When the developers that buy the engine will be releasing game the new consoles WILL be available, and probably capable of most of what Epic shows off in their game.
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost.php?p=1336892445&postcount=23

Back
Top Bottom