Mini Cooper S

Permabanned
Ok, im getting bored of my Seat leon (1.6) already, and really want a Mini Cooper S. I can sell my Seat for around £4000, and can get another £6000 from my savings, making me effectively bankrupt (well until my next student loan installment :p ) so im not sure whether I can afford to run one.
Insurance will be £1600, which isnt too bad (currently paying £700).

What real life mpg should I expect in town (I only drive in town). How much does servicing cost? are these engines reliable considering the high bhp per litre?

Permabanned
OP
-westy- said:
Seems a bit pointless to buy a new car just for the sake of it - you could have a lot worse :)

Yeah but i wont lose any of my £6k savings. Any deprication will be under that of my current leon, so I will only be losing money I would be doing anyway even if I didnt change, if they makes any sense :/
So the only thing thats worrying me is the running costs, which arnt looking to bad. Im getting 28-29mpg from my 105bhp leon, so 26mpg from 163bhp isnt that bad. I was expecting to read 18-20 because of the supercharger!

Anyway they look incredible in dark grey, with a dark grey roof, white just looks wrong...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom