Mini-ITX w/2 PCIe slots?

Associate
Hi I'm looking for a Mini-ITX motherboard which has 2 PCIe slots, I have a PCIe x4 RAID card and a PCIe X1 DVR card which I need to fit in a case.

Does anyone know any Socket 775 or Socket 1155 motherboard with two PCIe slots?

Will I have to go micro-ATX? :(

Last edited:
Associate
Most mobo's support raid naitively these days so you may only need the one slot

From wikipedia, to the best of my knowledge its true for a change too.

The form factor has provision for one expansion slot, conventionally a standard 33 MHz 5V 32-bit PCI slot. Many case designs use riser cards and some even have two-slot riser cards, although the two-slot riser cards are not compatible with all boards. Some boards based around non-x86 processors have a 3.3V PCI slot, and the Mini-ITX 2.0[3] (2008) boards have a PCI-express ×16 slot; these boards are not compatible with the standard PCI riser cards supplied with cases.

I think it goes like this

MItx - 1xPCIE
MATX - 4X PCIE
ATX - 6x PCIE
EATX 8x PCIE

Associate
I have one of these MSI fuzzy industrial boards.

Although I did have a PCI-E GPU in there a while back in an XBMC machine it needed a riser from memory. I am currently using it in my pfsense machine as it has 3 LAN ports.

What case is it? I think you will struggle to find a standard MB which would fit with two PCI-E slots

str

str

Soldato
There used to be 775 mini-DTX motherboards not sure if it was 1 PCI-E x16 and 1 PCI-E X4 or X1 or just plain PCI though.

Another other option could be a standard mini-ITX motherboard which has a PCI-E and a mini PCI-E and use a Mini PCI Express Card to PCI Express X1 to convert the mini PCI-E slot to a PCI-E X1.

Associate
Asrock had a motherboard like this. I think the format is called Flex ATX, it's between Micro ATX and Mini ITX, but fits in many Mini ITX cases.

Unfortunately I can't find the model now ...

zel

zel

Associate
There are at least a couple of Intel boards with PCIe4x + 2xminiPCIe. I have a DH61AG that I got for ~70 on eBay, theres also the more recent DQ77KB.

If you can find these somewhere then you could convert either of the miniPCIe slots to PCIe-1x.

<edit> Just did a quick google search and you can get those converter in the uk for £62, even at this price it may work out cheaper to get the intel board than one of the exotic embedded boards</edit>

<edit-again>Just noticed the original post date!</edit>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom