• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Minimum gpu to double fps from a 1060 super?

Soldato
Hey folks,

I have an aging 1060 SC 6GB, and it's still hanging on, stable and undervolted, but there's a few times of late when I feel like it's having a hard time at 1440p. Seeing some mid 20s to low 30s happening here and there and I don't like them.

Assuming that my [email protected] isn't the bottleneck, what would be the most budget friendly card to effectively double my fps?

(Also I'm aware of the upcoming Ethereum change in summer - I will likely wait for the better prices that will bring, I'd just like to figure out what I'm waiting for a good price on :) )

Cheers!

Soldato
OP

Yes, sorry should have specified. I'm not really budget constrained, I'd just rather not spend more than I need to for the effect of nailing my current games to 60 fps because then that money can go somewhere else. And it's very rare that I pick up a new game so no point planning for the future :D

Caporegime
Well if you can spend a bit more for 1440P an RTX 3070 or RX 6700XT, the RTX 3070 is again £100 more expensive, a bit more than that, £750 vs £880, but the RTX 3070 has better Ray Tracing performance.

You can go even higher for even more money but for 1440P those two have more than enough grunt.

Soldato
OP
for 1440P those two have more than enough grunt.

Good to know, thank you (and others who chipped in).

I think I will wait for summer, because I don't fancy paying £750 for what should be a £350 card :cry: But I know what to look for now I think. I'll grab something in this range when I see one for a fair price :)

Caporegime
Good to know, thank you (and others who chipped in).

I think I will wait for summer, because I don't fancy paying £750 for what should be a £350 card :cry: But I know what to look for now I think. I'll grab something in this range when I see one for a fair price :)

Not a bad idea, both Nvidia and AMD should be introducing new GPU's this year, tho probably in the autumn.

Back
Top Bottom