Mirrorless camera for wildlife circa 3-4k

FNG

FNG

Associate
I am looking to get back into wildlife photography. I fancy a decent mirrorless set up and currently have no equipment or lenses to tie me to a particular brand.

I have been looking at the alpha A7 v, but a lot has changed since I had my micro 4/3rds stuff so I was wondering if anyone was willing to help spec me out a decent kit.

I have around 4k to spend but happy to spend less if I wont really benefit from spending that!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
If you went via Einfin who are grey market then a Sony RV and a 200-600 is in budget if that’s the route you want to go.

P5FoQJk.png

Soldato
If you've used M43 in the past you could go with Olympus OM1 or as Minstadave has suggested and go with the G9 MII for the extra Megapixels.

Both OM Systems (Olympus) and Panasonic (Lumix) have a wide range of long reach lenses which will in turn be smaller and lighter than a full frame camera.

FNG

FNG

Associate
OP
Hmmm. I was thinking full frame but actually for walking around taking pictures the m43 still has major attractions. There seem to be conflicting views on which is best for wildlife stills between the OM1 and g9ii, so that's another choice I need to make!

Back
Top Bottom