Missing parcel - what to do?

Soldato
So I ordered something yesterday over the phone using my credit card, and they shipped it yesterday for delivery today with UPS. I wasn't sure if I would be in, but thought I would just rearrange delivery if they left a card.

Got back just now, there's a card, with no other info filled in (date, time, etc.) but just "Behind Green Bin" in quite bad handwriting.

I've checked behind the green bin and inside it. Nothing to be found.

I can only assume that either someone has seen UPS leave something there, and then taken it, or spotted it whilst walking past, and taken it.

I've asked both my neighbours, as we regularly take in parcels for one another, but they've not had anything, and I'm sure the card would've said as much if they'd in fact left it with them.

The value of the item is £250, and it was quite rare (an old lens). I'm going to call the retailer tomorrow to see what they can do, but it doesn't look like much is possible. The only proof I've got is the card they left. If that fails, I assume a chargeback with my credit card is the best route? :o

M0ohhYJ.jpg

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ha. I was looking for that thread to post in actually, rather than starting a new one. I assume it was deleted?

Will get onto the retailer first thing in the morning. I'm sure this isn't the first time they've had this happen.

Soldato
OP
Saw a parcel outside someone's door yesterday just left in plain sight. If I had wanted to I could have easily taken it. Im surprised couriers do it. Surely it happens a lot that they are stolen?

It must do. It makes no sense at all. Surely the delivery drivers aren't that under pressure that they would risk a potential disciplinary (I assume leaving parcels without getting any form of signature would be frowned upon) rather than just leaving a card to rearrange the delivery?

Soldato
OP
Did you hunt in the bin, the shed, and everywhere around just to confirm he had not written one thing, then dumped it elsewhere?

Yep, even checked the neighbours bins. We live in a row of 4 terraced houses, with no access to the rear unless you go around the block. We all keep our green and black bins at the front of our houses.

The only numbers on the card left are for the UPS InfoNotice service, rearranging a collection, and UPS AccessPoint deliveries. Will check the website for a customer service number and give it a ring tomorrow.

Soldato
OP
When UPS deliver to me i'm usually out so they take the parcel to my local drop off point which is a dry cleaning shop where all the parcels sit in their window until picked up.

Don't think that's the case in this instance. Surely would've said on the card if so.

Anyway, I checked the online tracking number that the retailer provided:

QHvviN2.png

And the proof of delivery is just the same thing... "Front Door". :o So it's been sat there all day for anyone to take.

Rang the retailer, they're gonna chase it up with UPS.

Soldato
OP
I know too late for this incident, but ever thought about setting up a CCTV?

Do you have any other bins that you can check? I have a green bin, but also a red and a blue one and they tend to drop parcels in the paper caddy in my blue bin then card me to that effect. They one dropped it in the red bin (compost) ewwww lol

Hope you get it sorted asap.

Not really worth it, plus we're renting. Honestly this is the first time this has ever happened, and I buy and sell stuff online all the time.

We have a green bin and black bin, and a small food bin out the front, same as my neighbours. I checked all the bins.

Just tell supplier they'll send a new one or refund, and they'll claim off courier.

Sadly probably not. The lens in question is 20 years old, and pretty rare in the UK (there's one other on eBay that ends today but it's an auction). Can usually only be sourced from Japan or the US.

Will just have to keep my eye out for another.

Back
Top Bottom