MK5 Golf Gti - Edition 30

Soldato
Hi all,

Thinking of picking up a MK5 Golf GTI - I know that the extra 20-30 BHP is worth it from the standard version - but is it possible to get the same performance upgrade out of the original with a little modification/map?

Not sure if its worth spending the extra for an edition 30 if I can get the same or more with some careful choice modifications.

Thanks

Walkerie

Soldato
OP
Thanks all for your input.

I currently have a 2010 Cupra 240 and potentially fancy a change.

My cupra has the k04 turbo which a lot of people say you don't start enjoying until at illegal or close to illegal speeds which I totally understand. The k03 turbo in the mk5 gti would spool quick and be more power low down but would the edition 30 which has the k04 turbo still have the same problem the cupra does?

Soldato
OP
Didn't realise you basically already had one. In a cheaper suit.

In that case, as suggested above, I'd take it in for a remap, and see how you feel about it then. Shouldn't be overly expensive, I'd personally take it to R-Tech, and I'm properly miles away from them, or go for an APR map. If you still fancy a change, then not much money lost, and may been seen as a selling point to some buyers (or not). Or it may re-ignite your interest in your car, and convince you to keep it for a while longer.

In other news, the one I looked at the other day, I just finalised an offer on it, and should pick it up in a couple days. Couple picks in the show your motor thread.

Looks nice, how much and how much mileage?

I am going to try out an ED30 over the weekend and see what I think

Soldato
OP
Im not disintersted in the car just always wanting more.

The noise is a major let down. The induction noise is lovely but bugger all from the exhaust

Soldato
OP
I don't understand. You don't have funds to remap your current car but can afford to drop £12k+ on a new car...

Ive seen lots of cars at the 8-10k pricepoint. My cupra is worth 8 what I am saying is I dont have 1k to drop on an exhaust.

Also another option is the a3 3.2 quattro which are very cheap compared to r32

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom